US Southwest ARIZONA - Ultra lightweight C6 Rooftop Tent “Rev Tent” ($950)

• HTML tutorial

GhostCat

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Maricopa County, Arizona, United States
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Shapera
Member #

All those rooftop tents (RTTs) we researched were not only $2-3k and higher, but they were also 150 lbs. Then there’s storage and pulley systems and a whole bunch of things we weren’t ready for. THEN we found the C6 Rev tent at Expos West.

Takes 8-10 min to set up vs the 2min clam shells but at less than ½ the price and (more importantly) ¼ the weight we were sold.

I’m not a big guy but a 48lb platform, upon which sits the 25lb tent, is no sweat to set up solo. A legit 4-in thick 48” x 81” mattress. (Easily fits me + a kid + gear but depending on your own dimensions I wouldn’t assume more than 2 people.)

Post-adventure, it stores under bed or in closet quite easily.

As seen in the pictures, this paired perfectly with our Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD cover and PakRax rack (listed here). Otherwise, it is extremely versatile as ground tent and/or rooftop proper on almost any vehicle (see reviews below).

Reviews for reference:

Included:
  • Rev tent (“Forrest” color)
  • Aluminum platform (fits most racks, crossbar hardware included))
  • 7.5’ telescopic ladder and carrying case
  • Shoe bag (outside the tent)
  • Gear loft (inside the tent)
  • C6 fitted sheet and blanket
  • Platform and tent instructions

Sleeping off the ground allows us to camp anywhere our truck can reach which is especially handy with the stony ground here in AZ. The fact that it’s so lightweight and easy to store just makes camping and adventure so much simpler and more enjoyable.

Rev Tent and accessories retail for ~$1500, priced to sell at $950

Send along any questions!

Rev1.jpg Rev2.jpg Rev3.jpg
Rev4.jpg Rev5.jpg Rev6.jpg
Rev7.jpg

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

All those rooftop tents (RTTs) we researched were not only $2-3k and higher, but they were also 150 lbs. Then there’s storage and pulley systems and a whole bunch of things we weren’t ready for. THEN we found the C6 Rev tent at Expos West.

Takes 8-10 min to set up vs the 2min clam shells but at less than ½ the price and (more importantly) ¼ the weight we were sold.

I’m not a big guy but a 48lb platform, upon which sits the 25lb tent, is no sweat to set up solo. A legit 4-in thick 48” x 81” mattress. (Easily fits me + a kid + gear but depending on your own dimensions I wouldn’t assume more than 2 people.)

Post-adventure, it stores under bed or in closet quite easily.

As seen in the pictures, this paired perfectly with our Jeep Gladiator Diamondback HD cover and PakRax rack (listed here). Otherwise, it is extremely versatile as ground tent and/or rooftop proper on almost any vehicle (see reviews below).

Reviews for reference:

Included:
  • Rev tent (“Forrest” color)
  • Aluminum platform (fits most racks, crossbar hardware included))
  • 7.5’ telescopic ladder and carrying case
  • Shoe bag (outside the tent)
  • Gear loft (inside the tent)
  • C6 fitted sheet and blanket
  • Platform and tent instructions

Sleeping off the ground allows us to camp anywhere our truck can reach which is especially handy with the stony ground here in AZ. The fact that it’s so lightweight and easy to store just makes camping and adventure so much simpler and more enjoyable.

Rev Tent and accessories retail for ~$1500, priced to sell at $950

Send along any questions!

Hi, I'm the helpful guy with the 4Runner! lol

Reactions: GhostCat