Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southside, TN, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
Bud
Member #

So I'm looking to do some overlanding next week with my brother for a few days. I was thinking somewhere around Sedona and mainly the Superstitions (warmer at night)...I would like some input on trails and mainly imagery or trailhead locations that you guys think are pretty awesome. I'd like some that aren't really too busy. Thanks for all the input

CoDawwg

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Williams,AZ
Member #

Id be up to try any make a monthly meet up. I know expedition portal has a meet up once a month but its in PHX every month and usually on a weekday. Hard for me to make it up on a week day. But Id be up for a meet on a weekend or even a run. Up north In Williams,AZ

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
So I'm looking to do some overlanding next week with my brother for a few days. I was thinking somewhere around Sedona and mainly the Superstitions (warmer at night)...I would like some input on trails and mainly imagery or trailhead locations that you guys think are pretty awesome. I'd like some that aren't really too busy. Thanks for all the input
Look up Montana Mountain trail, Box Canyon Florence and there is one more I need to look up that will roughly connect them all leading into Superior. This is for the Superstitions area.

Reactions: TN_4Runner

TRON

Rank IV

Advocate II

Arizona Toyota Meet/Greet & Trail Run - Saturday January 21st, 2017 @ Noon
Butcher Jones Recreation Site
N Bush Hwy
Fort McDowell, AZ

(33.576811, -111.517061)
Saturday January 21st, 2017 @ Noon

**Remember to purchase your TONTO PASS before arriving at the meet!**
Tonto Pass Vendor List

Join us for BBQ, Drinks and Games followed by a Trail Run to Butcher Jones Coves and 4 Peaks Road! Bring the family, dogs, friends. We may be a Toyota group, but it doesn't matter what you drive, and there are also many OverlandBound Members among us! Also BYOB, drinks, food and whatever day trip gear you need including EZ-Ups, chairs and grills. Not sure what the grilling situation is like over there but I'm bringing mine.

Optional Trail Run to Bulldog Canyon @ 9am before the meet. You need a Permit to run this trail which can be found HERE . This trail is 4wd recommended, but can be done with a 2WD high clearance vehicle and some driver skill. Please plan accordingly and show up by 9am so we can reach the meet by noon!:sunglasses:

Following the meet, I plan to lead another trail run to the Butcher Jones Coves. From the coves we can head Northeast and connect with 4 Peaks Road or exit back to Butcher Jones Parking Lot. My best estimate would be to begin packing up by 345, and head out by 4pm with enough daylight to have some fun in the dirt!:tonguewink:

Last edited:
Reactions: TN_4Runner

TRON

Rank IV

Advocate II

N Bush Hwy
Fort McDowell, AZ

(33.576811, -111.517061)

Tonto Pass Vendor List

Join us for BBQ, Drinks and Games followed by a Trail Run to Butcher Jones Coves and 4 Peaks Road! Bring the family, dogs, friends. We may be a Toyota group, but it doesn't matter what you drive, and there are also many OverlandBound Members among us! Also BYOB, drinks, food and whatever day trip gear you need including EZ-Ups, chairs and grills. Not sure what the grilling situation is like over there but I'm bringing mine.

Optional Trail Run to Bulldog Canyon @ 9am before the meet. You need a Permit to run this trail which can be found HERE . This trail is 4wd recommended, but can be done with a 2WD high clearance vehicle and some driver skill. Please plan accordingly and show up by 9am so we can reach the meet by noon!:sunglasses:

Following the meet, I plan to lead another trail run to the Butcher Jones Coves. From the coves we can head Northeast and connect with 4 Peaks Road or exit back to Butcher Jones Parking Lot. My best estimate would be to begin packing up by 345, and head out by 4pm with enough daylight to have some fun in the dirt!:tonguewink:
Location Updated

PHX13

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Tan Valley, AZ
Member #

San Tan Valley here. I'm new, and consider myself like a baby overlander, 1) I'm new to it, 2) I'm 2WD.

Anyways, always down for an adventure & usually have my family on board. Usually stick to FRs and whatnot, but do a lot of long range road trips every year.

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Tucsonan checking in!

My wife and I try to take the kids out most weekends down here in southern AZ. We have Jeep so we usually try to get pretty remote. Would love to try and make any future meetups or outings.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

PHX13

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

San Tan Valley, AZ
Member #

N Bush Hwy
Fort McDowell, AZ

(33.576811, -111.517061)

Tonto Pass Vendor List

Not to steal @TRON's thunder, but here are some pics of the meeting that were posted over on TW. Everyone had a great time and there was a HUGE turn out, both on the Bulldog Canyon Run & the parking lot meet. (Not all pics are mine).