Local Expert

Contributor II

Cañon City, Colorado, USA
First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Name: Phil
Rig Type: 2018 gmc canyon all terrain ccsb diesel. Skid plates, bigger tires, recovery gear.
Instagram (optional): @kostkafex
Meetup Interest/Addl Info: easy to moderate trails, c&c, wrench days, etc
Rig Pic:
View attachment 184656
Hello Phil welcome from Phoenix. I lived off 5 north west of 89 on Joshua way for 7 years. I am stuck, for the time being, in Phoenix. I sure miss Chino.

Reactions: kostkafex

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

Name: Andrew
Rig Type: Jeep Gladiator in the middle of a makeover
Instagram (optional): not with a 10ft pole
Meetup Interest/Addl Info: Day or weekend trips for now with my wife in classes. Always up for a challenge.

Sedona.jpg

Trailjeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Whetstone, AZ, USA
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Cashman
Member #

Name: Bill
Location: Tweenstone ( Halfway be"tween" Whetstone and Tombstone, Az
Rig Type: 88 (originally) Jeep Wrangler
Instagram (optional): What is that??
Meetup Interest/Addl Info: Exploring, Camping, BDR's
Rig Pic: 20200512_063436.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
I've been an off-roader for over 7 years (2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon) and just got into the overlanding gig with the addition of my latest vehicle. I won't be able to do anything hardcore, but that won't stop be from trying. ;). The Subaru is a work in progress. I put bigger tires on it and installed a 2-inch ADF lift in my garage this past weekend. So many plans, so little money! Ugh! :)

Name: Matt
Rig Type: 2011 Subaru Outback 2.5i Premium
Instagram (optional):
Meetup Interest/Addl Info: Pretty much open to anything pending scheduling. I have a weird work schedule. (Wed thru Sat)
Rig Pic: View attachment 176586
Hello Matt, welcome from Phoenix.

AnthonyD1978

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
D
Name: Anthony
Rig Type: 2019 Power Wagon
Instagram (optional): Don't have social media
Meetup Interest/Addl Info: New to the area looking to meet some good people. Don't mind pin stripes or minor bumper damage :tonguewink:
Rig Pic:
IMG_0453.jpg

Last edited:

AnthonyD1978

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Prescott, AZ, USA
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
D
Name: Phil
Rig Type: 2018 gmc canyon all terrain ccsb diesel. Skid plates, bigger tires, recovery gear.
Instagram (optional): @kostkafex
Meetup Interest/Addl Info: easy to moderate trails, c&c, wrench days, etc
Rig Pic:
I'm in Chino as well! If you ever need help with the truck or want to head out for a meetup let me know. I'm somewhat new to the area.

Enthusiast I

Northern AZ
First Name
John
Last Name
W
Nice! Yes, I've been exploring all the forest area around us. Moved here from California where I was more into the car stuff and track days.
Hey man, nice to meet you. We just moved here about 6 months ago, so also very new. There is SO MUCH to explore here off pavement, its a blast!
Well, that's three of us in Chino Valley. We've been here about eight years now.

If it's a big iron trip, I run a F350 crew cab long bed, with a Lance camper on top. Yes, you have to know what the trail is like before you are in the middle of it. For anything that isn't wide enough for a school bus, it's the Rubicon. When it's really going to be rough and nasty, the UTV is the choice.

AntipplFx4

Rank II

Traveler III

Florence, AZ
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
H
Member #

Name: Jeremy
Rig Type: 2020 Ranger, 98 Grand Cherokee
Instagram (optional): antipplfx4
Meetup Interest/Addl Info: east valley events
Rig Pic:

Screenshot_20210411-211128_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20210411-211209_Photos.jpg

Posted in the older az members thread but I'll re-up here.

New member, located in kinda Florence, kinda San Tan, but more outside of them both lol. Beginner to offroad, would like to learn. Things like tire pressures, emergency bathroom options (bad stomach has really kept me from exploring much), and just learning vehicle capabilities.
I'm a hobby photo taker, been shooting for about 15-16 years and the main reason I've wanted to get out and adventure, along with a target shooter, finding open areas for some longer distance with no one around to trash it. I live within range of box canyon (Florence) and not too far from Bulldog but haven't tried either, not sure which is a good trail to begin on as I typically go out solo.

Enthusiast III

Chandler, AZ
First Name
Jake
Last Name
McCurdy
Hey there! New here. Just kind of kicking the tires and seeing if we can make some like minded friends to hit the trail with. Love the community aspect to OB. We’re in Chandler. We mostly family camp pretty deep on forrest roads but occasionally do some ‘over-landing lite’ : ) I also have a stupid YT channel where I offload excess dad jokes and questionable camping advice: www.wastingtimeinthewoods.com.

We’re headed out for a weekender from PHX next weekend, anyone got any good AZ shoulder season spots within a few hours of PHX you can suggest? We usually hit the rim but its a bit cold up there still.

Name: Jake
Rig Type: 2010 GX460
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/wastingtimeinthewoods
Meet-up Interest/Addl Info: Anywhere East valley. When was the last PHX area meet-up? Been trolling around here but I don’t see anything except Usury park meet-up back in early 2020?

Our mall crawler in progress...

Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 10.28.13 AM.png

Reactions: freak4life

freak4life

Local Expert

Contributor II

First Name
rich
Last Name
anderssohn
Hey there! New here. Just kind of kicking the tires and seeing if we can make some like minded friends to hit the trail with. Love the community aspect to OB. We’re in Chandler. We mostly family camp pretty deep on forrest roads but occasionally do some ‘over-landing lite’ : ) I also have a stupid YT channel where I offload excess dad jokes and questionable camping advice: www.wastingtimeinthewoods.com.

We’re headed out for a weekender from PHX next weekend, anyone got any good AZ shoulder season spots within a few hours of PHX you can suggest? We usually hit the rim but its a bit cold up there still.

Name: Jake
Rig Type: 2010 GX460
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/wastingtimeinthewoods
Meet-up Interest/Addl Info: Anywhere East valley. When was the last PHX area meet-up? Been trolling around here but I don’t see anything except Usury park meet-up back in early 2020?

Our mall crawler in progress...

View attachment 194807
Hello Jake
Hello
Welcome to the OB community
My name is Rich I am your US Southwest member representative for Arizona
Here are some helpful links to get you started
U.S. SouthWest (AZ NM TX OK)
Overland Bound Meetups

I use trailsoffroad.com for finding trials to run, I have found their evaluations of the difficulty of the trails to be accurate.