Off-Road Ranger I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Tiedemann
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5KBG
Hey y'all! I'm in the early stages of planning our honeymoon for June/2019. We are wanting to travel to Argentina for a few weeks (3-ish?). We are aware of the common/tourist trap-ish/"must see" sites but I'm really looking for "off the beaten path" hotels/sites/ideas that I wouldn't find on travel sites. Ideally places we can only reach w/a 4x4.

At this time we are open to all ideas/locations in the country. I would prefer to rent a 4x4 and do our own driving/exploring but that isn't a deal breaker if someone turns us on to a killer travel package that handles all that.

A little background info to clear up some common questions with posts such as these: My fiance is Colombian so we don't have any issues dealing with the language barrier & some of the more common issues Americans might experience traveling down south. We also have experience travelling throughout Colombia by vehicle & feel confident with driving in South America & all the headaches that may cause.

Thanks for the info in advance.

cruiseroutfit

Rank V

Influencer II

Yewtah
Where in Argentina will you be? It's a big country... for example I'm going to suggest Ushuaia. It's a bucket list place, the end of the PanAmerican Highway and the start or finish of many historic and more recent expeditions and trips. However if you're in Buenos Aires for some time, Ushuaia would be tough to drive to and from in a couple weeks.

Maverick1701

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Tiedemann
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5KBG
Where in Argentina will you be? It's a big country... for example I'm going to suggest Ushuaia. It's a bucket list place, the end of the PanAmerican Highway and the start or finish of many historic and more recent expeditions and trips. However if you're in Buenos Aires for some time, Ushuaia would be tough to drive to and from in a couple weeks.
At this time we are totally undecided on where we will be. We are still in the early stages of planning...

cruiseroutfit

Rank V

Influencer II

Yewtah
At this time we are totally undecided on where we will be. We are still in the early stages of planning...
Well, then I say drive to the bottom. Make sure you rent a car that will allow international borders and ideally a one-way drive. Fly into BA or further south. Drive and camp along the Carratera Austral and make your way to Ushuaia.

Harry Centeno

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Colorado
Sounds awesome! I did some travel while at BA...We crossed east to west from BA to Bariloche through "la pampa into the Andes and also did BA to Iguazu into Brazil that running south to north. We really enjoyed it, it was more ad hoc with no prior planning though. Definitely a lot to see wish I would have went south and checked out Ushaia

Attachments