Investor

Expedition Master III

Iowa, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

Seems to me there are two main approaches here, one is the online mode where you are just leverage something like aprs.fi api to get points, and the more useful offline mode where you interface your device with an audio cable and setup vox on the radio for TX, etc. I imagine it should be possible to pull together some libs in the OB1 app to pull this off. GitHub - pulsely/PulseModemA: "PulseModem A" is an iOS APRS client, that reads and reports APRS location and messages. pulls together a few libs to make that app possible on ios.

Would be cool to use my large 12.9" ipad with the app and have gmrs data with filters on that... but I want OB1 to support tablet screen resolution/scaling first. The app looks goofy on it for now.

SerfDigital Overlanding

Rank IV

Traveler III

Horwich, Bolton, United Kingdom
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Allmark
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
2E0HLG
Seems to me there are two main approaches here, one is the online mode where you are just leverage something like aprs.fi api to get points, and the more useful offline mode where you interface your device with an audio cable and setup vox on the radio for TX, etc. I imagine it should be possible to pull together some libs in the OB1 app to pull this off. GitHub - pulsely/PulseModemA: "PulseModem A" is an iOS APRS client, that reads and reports APRS location and messages. pulls together a few libs to make that app possible on ios.

Would be cool to use my large 12.9" ipad with the app and have gmrs data with filters on that... but I want OB1 to support tablet screen resolution/scaling first. The app looks goofy on it for now.
I’ll have a try of this route. I’ve been seduced into the Apple ecosystem

SerfDigital Overlanding

Rank IV

Traveler III

Horwich, Bolton, United Kingdom
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Allmark
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
2E0HLG