Anyone running Bora spacers on their rigs?

• HTML tutorial

12C20

Rank V
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

South Jordan, Salt Lake County, Utah, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Ellis
Member #

I’ve had 2” BORA spacers on my 2016 Tacoma since 2017.

People have reasons for loving and for hating spacers in principle. That’s fine. I’ll tell you what mine do for me.

I have kept my stock wheels, which I like. When I put 285/75r16s on, they rubbed on my upper control arm and limited my steering. I couldn’t turn as tight as my stock truck did.

The spacers moved everything outboard and allow me very good turning without rubbing.

Additionally, I like the stance of the truck with them on and the aesthetic of the stock wheel.

I’ve put thousands of off-road miles on, and more than 100k of road miles, with no problems.

Attachments

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I’ve had 2” BORA spacers on my 2016 Tacoma since 2017.

People have reasons for loving and for hating spacers in principle. That’s fine. I’ll tell you what mine do for me.

I have kept my stock wheels, which I like. When I put 285/75r16s on, they rubbed on my upper control arm and limited my steering. I couldn’t turn as tight as my stock truck did.

The spacers moved everything outboard and allow me very good turning without rubbing.

Additionally, I like the stance of the truck with them on and the aesthetic of the stock wheel.

I’ve put thousands of off-road miles on, and more than 100k of road miles, with no problems.
Thanks for responding. I have spacers on my patriot for the same reasons you state. I think 1.25 will be enough on my F150 with the stock wheels and 285/75/17s

Reactions: 12C20