Anyone in the Diablo Valley area open to a more local meetup?

• HTML tutorial

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

I’m in Concord (East SF Bay Area) and have noticed that the closest meetups to where I’m at are at least 30 miles away - which isn’t a big deal, but they’re at times I can’t make (Sunday early afternoon or Saturday). Just curious if there are others in the Diablo Valley area (or greater East Bay Area) who also can’t make those meetup times and would be open to meeting up locally either later in the afternoon or early evening on a Sunday?

Reactions: Kent R

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
I’m in Concord (East SF Bay Area) and have noticed that the closest meetups to where I’m at are at least 30 miles away - which isn’t a big deal, but they’re at times I can’t make (Sunday early afternoon or Saturday). Just curious if there are others in the Diablo Valley area (or greater East Bay Area) who also can’t make those meetup times and would be open to meeting up locally either later in the afternoon or early evening on a Sunday?
See DM

Reactions: JaredThomsen

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
Hi Jared, I'm near Walnut Creek and would be open to a local meetup. It probably makes sense to keep the one in Pleasanton as the "main" one to avoid diluting the group, but that doesn't mean we can't have smaller local meetups. :)

Reactions: JaredThomsen

JaredThomsen

Rank VI

Member III

Concord, Contra Costa County, California, United States
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Thomsen
Member #

Hi Jared, I'm near Walnut Creek and would be open to a local meetup. It probably makes sense to keep the one in Pleasanton as the "main" one to avoid diluting the group, but that doesn't mean we can't have smaller local meetups. :)
Hey thanks for responding and sorry for my late response! Yeah I agree with you about keeping the one in Pleasanton as the main “east bay” meetup, but maybe just setting up some more informal and staggered local meetups (on dates where the main meetup isn’t happening) and seeing if there are others who might be interested and how that all goes?

Reactions: slomatt