Anyone down for a April 6-8 uwharrie ride?

• HTML tutorial

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
So, I have been planing a uwharrie trip for this spring, and it looks like the weekend I will be free is april 7th and 8th. Not ideal, as I am sure it will be crowded, but it is what it is.

We plan to head down Friday afternoon, and leave Sunday afternoon .

Anyone down for some trail ridding?

Post up when you could make it, and we can figure out meeting up and the such..

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
I am planning on camping on the trail, not sure exactly where yet. People could meet up for a trail ride if they camp different places.

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
I was trying to get a couple of people to go that weekend or 3rd weekend of April. Will see if anyone wants to go that weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
Awesome! Unfortunately that is the only weekend in April we can make it.

Preston Gladd

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
First Name
Preston
Last Name
Gladd
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5LAF
Service Branch
Army
Difficulty of the trails? I am in a MegaCab Ram Diesel, so i'm long and heavy, and my 1980 CJ is not trail ready yet (well it sorta is, but I still have some kinks to work out).

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
Difficulty of the trails? I am in a MegaCab Ram Diesel, so i'm long and heavy, and my 1980 CJ is not trail ready yet (well it sorta is, but I still have some kinks to work out).
None of the trails are difficult, aside from little Daniel on dickey bell and Daniel trail being what I would consider moderately difficult. Lots of water breaks though, so it might be interesting in a rig as long as yours...

Preston Gladd

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Preston
Last Name
Gladd
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5LAF
Service Branch
Army
None of the trails are difficult, aside from little Daniel on dickey bell and Daniel trail being what I would consider moderately difficult. Lots of water breaks though, so it might be interesting in a rig as long as yours...
Fair enough, I am interested in going, I am in College full time now(as a 40 year old, so its interesting), but I should be able to work it in. Are you going to create an event here on OB?

Reactions: Junktj

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
Fair enough, I am interested in going, I am in College full time now(as a 40 year old, so its interesting), but I should be able to work it in. Are you going to create an event here on OB?

I didn't even think of that, I will see if I can figure out how to do that. I am new to this forum.

Preston Gladd

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Preston
Last Name
Gladd
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC5LAF
Service Branch
Army
I didn't even think of that, I will see if I can figure out how to do that. I am new to this forum.
It seems fairly straight forward, and @Michael did a YT video on it. If you go to resources, trips, and then select rally point, get started, it will walk you though it.

Reactions: Junktj

Junktj

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Boone NC
First Name
michael
Last Name
ward
Pick meet up spot for 4/6. Maybe get some easy night wheeling in?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

That would be good. We should be down that way late afternoon, once we get camp set up I would be down for some night trail ridding. I will let you know when we will be there and ready to ride.