Any suggestions for routes from Austin to Montana?

• HTML tutorial

joyrunner

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Austin Texas
First Name
Lisa
Last Name
Brown
Member #

We are planning a trip from Austin to Glacier in our forerunner and we don't know where to start! How do we find trailheads in MO? still finding our way around website as new members

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

We are planning a trip from Austin to Glacier in our forerunner and we don't know where to start! How do we find trailheads in MO? still finding our way around website as new members
Lisa,
What time of Year? How many weeks do you have? Is your Passport current? Are you planning to Camp or Hotel it? What's the furthest you want to drive in a day? To really experence Glacier and area needs 4 or 5 days by itself...
David

Lisa - here's a thought. West out of Texas, into New Mexico, North through Colorado into Wyoming, Northwesternly to the Entrance a West Glacier: Austin to West Glacier
DG

Last edited:
Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
I concur on Lake Meredith as a stopping point. the campgrounds are nice, and free to boot.

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

Just curious, but what does she need a passport for?
Rick,
If, and only if - she want's to see the whole park, a portian of it is in Canada, and you have to have a passport to get back into the states. The Waterton Lake N.P. is part of the International Peace Park World Heritage Site. It's worth the trip. As is Many Glaciers. DG