Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

I know for many of you, you can get Molle panels for your truck/SUV/Jeep fairly easy. If you own one of the very popular rigs, there are aftermarket companies that cater to you. However for those of us that drive something unique or different there are no ready made parts for us.
I wanted to get some Molle panels for the doors of my 90 Suburban and nothing is out there, so I designed my own. This got me to thinking that there may be others that want want Molle panels for their unique trucks, or something not currently offered even for common trucks.
What I did was design the panel, and then I sent the drawing (DXF) to a local waterjet company. They are now cutting it out for me. However, there are at least 2 companies on-line that you can send a DXF file to and they will cut it out for you, either Laser (plastics) or Water-Jet (metals).
How this would work is, I would speak to you about what you want, get dimensions and send you the DXF. You would then upload the file to Big Blue Saw or OSHCut and they will give you options on materials and give you a cost to cut it out. You would deal with them directly on getting the file cut. I would simply charge you $20 for the file/my time.
Here is what will be cut out for me, each panel is 10in x 10in, total cost to cut out of Aluminum 6061 T6 0.1in would be less than $80 for both panels. It would be about $50-60 for plastic (ABS, UHMW, etc.) Of course the bigger the panel, the higher the cost, as well as the material choice would effect costs too. Any interest?
1586896267461.png

BchBum11511

Rank V
Launch Member

Navigator I

Huntsville, AL, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

It’s funny you posted this because I was having the same issue earlier this week for my LR5. I can’t find anything for it. I ended up ordering a generic fabric panel to test out. I might be interested if the panel I got doesn’t work out.

Great idea!

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

I’ve been trying to find something for awhile for mine
Just let me know what you want and maybe a picture of where it goes and I will draw it up.

Can you list various common sizes you might run?
That's not really what my intent is, however if you have a common size you want me to do, that is fine. My intent is to offer a way for people to get them for un-common vehicles or sizes.
But, like I said, tell me what you want and I will draw it up.

Matthew Reed

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Reed
Member #

I’ve been trying to find something for awhile for mine
Just let me know what you want and maybe a picture of where it goes and I will draw it up.

Can you list various common sizes you might run?
That's not really what my intent is, however if you have a common size you want me to do, that is fine. My intent is to offer a way for people to get them for un-common vehicles or sizes.
But, like I said, tell me what you want and I will draw it up.
When I’m back in the states I’ll send you what I’m looking for. Hopefully I’ll be able to head home soon.

df150

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Canada
First Name
Denis
Last Name
G
Member #

I would be interested if end up going with custom build bed rack. Going to need Full length molle panels on both sides of the rack.