• HTML tutorial

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@triciabeaver Yep, we're not picky here! This is going to be a long event with plenty of short convergent visits. Come when you can, leave when you have to - we keep it loose. No picky whiners about who has to be where in line, or even who leads. Somebody picks a trail, whoever wants to follow, follows. Simple as that.

Carnage_95YJ

Rank VII

Expedition Master I

Matthews, North Carolina
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Casaburro
Member #

My son and I went Sunday and had a cookout on the way up the Backside of Daniel. Beautiful day to be on the trail!
I hope you guys didn’t get hit by the rain too hard Sunday night.

Attachments

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
If anybody comes up with specific trails they want to run, we could make a list of "musts" and "mights".

I like to start with Wolf Den because it's pretty tame but has some high-center checks that will give first-timers to Uwharrie an idea of what to expect on the other trails. I'm not going to volunteer to lead the whole show, but if nobody else takes, I don't mind.

Some of us want to run Daniel, but that one's gonna be bad; I can take a couple of passengers if anybody is scared to thrash their rigs on the tough ones.

Reactions: JJbyrd

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@JJbyrd Locked gates? No problem, use it as an opportunity to test your backing skills. I think learning to drive in reverse is equally important to learning to drive forward.

In fact, if anybody challenged me to it, I'd lead Wolf Den in reverse when we get together at the spot. As long as nobody thinks I'd get kicked out for it...

danwyandt

Rank VII
Investor

Trail Mechanic III

Burnsville, NC, USA
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Wyandt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTJ513
Man I wish that wasn't so far from me, looks like about an 11 hour drive just for me to get there!
Yea, those can be tough. My wife and I did a 12 hr run to UP, MI last fall for the Wounded Hero's run.
I'd do it again. We made a trip of it by spending 2 days running around the KY DBBB on the way. We're planning more of that type of trip on the way to Colorado this fall.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Yea, those can be tough. My wife and I did a 12 hr run to UP, MI last fall for the Wounded Hero's run.
I'd do it again. We made a trip of it by spending 2 days running around the KY DBBB on the way. We're planning more of that type of trip on the way to Colorado this fall.
Yeah I've only been in this job of mine for 1.5 years so still building up vacation time which makes for less trips per year right now. I'm planning on going to Expo East so saving up time for that!