Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

More info would be nice. As Hummer as a brand is defunct I see they are selling it as a GMC Hummer.

Bama_Kiwi

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Christchurch, New Zealand
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Frank
Member #

I don't hate the idea of it. However, if its a truck, I'd prefer to read information about it's truck-like qualities and how it plans to live up to whatever rugged legacy the Hummer nameplate has. Maybe I'm a unique case, but 0-60 times for a truck is fairly irrelevant to me. Sports cars? Sure, tell me all about it. But, here, it seems gimmicky.

My hope is it's not a badge-engineered EV Sierra, but, even if it is, hopefully it does enough things well enough to carve out its own niche. All these new EVs popping up are only a good thing in terms of innovating and moving the paradigm forward. Interesting times.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Less power and more range or simple power settings would be great. Do it on a capable platform that doesn't require much more than larger tires and it should sell. Assuming the pricing isn't in Rivian territory. $100k off road vehicles are kinda dumb IMO but....

OutsideSeth

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Boise, ID, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1SLA
Less power and more range or simple power settings would be great. Do it on a capable platform that doesn't require much more than larger tires and it should sell. Assuming the pricing isn't in Rivian territory. $100k off road vehicles are kinda dumb IMO but....
Rivian has lowered their anticipated starting price which I suspect is a response to the Cybertruck pricing.

I’m with on the acceptable price range for something I’d personally be willing to take off-road, but budgets vary.

I would also think that range vs performance should be easily adjustable via programming in an EV.

Reactions: JCWages

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Yup... but how many people will actually offroad this (or a Rivian) anyway?

-TJ

Reactions: 9Mike2

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

That can be made said of any capable 4x4. How many Jeep Wranglers live out their days as mall crawlers?
I think the % that go off-road will be even lower than current capable 4x4s. Wranglers probably have the "best" % of usage off-road, but it's still waaaaaaaaaaaaay lower than it "should" be (I mean, why buy a Wrangler if you're NOT going off-road). I'd say stuff like the current Grand Cherokee are used even less off-road, even though they're pretty capable. Oh well.

-TJ

Reactions: 9Mike2

RoamWithJon

Rank 0

Contributor II

Central Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
R
Interested in how this will stack up to the Rivian's and cyber trucks. Also I wonder how the undercarriage is protected on these types of vehicles, aren't the battery packs flat on the bottom of the vehicle? I haven't really done too much research on either the Tesla Cyber Truck or the Rivians r1t.

Viking1204

Rank V
Mod Team
Investor

Member III

Fort Walton Beach, FL
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Viking
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force Veteran
Just wait until it turns out these things are the quiet way to sneak up on game.
I already want an Electric UTV for this reason. Not necessarily to sneak up on game but to get out in the woods more quietly than I can currently with my gas powered ATV.

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
I already want an Electric UTV for this reason. Not necessarily to sneak up on game but to get out in the woods more quietly than I can currently with my gas powered ATV.
That is my thought. I don't expect a vehicle to get close to game, but if you can get out there without scaring all the game away then your odds have improved.

I can imagine some heads exploding when they discover "their" pet technology has been put to work to bring home Bambi.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Coming to Motor Trend Magazine in 2023: Battle of the E-SUV/Truck. Featuring -

Bollinger - Disappointing price point. I am number 241 in line from their initial offering for purchase. They pitched the simple farmer buying a gas station to build and design before moving to Detroit. From day 1, affordability to buy and affordability to maintain were they key highlights. Not so much now.

Hummer - I had an H3 a few years ago. Loved it. More drivers side seat room than my JKU. Electric? Interesting to see how the curb weight of the new vs the old is compared. Power, no doubt, but if curb weight is huge, how long can that power last pushing 2.5-3 tons of weight around town?

Wrangler PHEV - More info coming later in 2020 with delivery in 2022 on all Jeep platforms. Mall crawlers unite!

Rivian - Ultimate urban assault vehicle... if you can afford one. Or even get one?

Tesla - The future of styling is here twenty years early. The fact Elon is driving it around town for urban reliability tells me it must be doing OK. Of the 5, thus far, this is the one I am most likely to buy in the future.

• Haha
Reactions: Werlyb23

Krieg

Rank III

Traveler III

Portland, OR
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Keene
Member #

Yup... but how many people will actually offroad this (or a Rivian) anyway?

-TJ
I'm hoping someday that will not be a question asked. Once the real issues get resolved, it's a great platform (not the Hummer, just EV in general) with so many upsides.

• Haha
Reactions: Werlyb23