Tundra22

Rank 0

Contributor II

Tennessee, USA
First Name
KASEY
Last Name
MYNATT
I am about to buy my first rtt. But I want an annex room with a floor for other people to sleep too. So far all I can find is TuffStuff Alpha series that have annex’s with flooring build in. Are there any others? Oh, I only want hard shell tent too. Thanks.

Simon Wolfe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sunnyvale, CA
First Name
Simon
Last Name
Wolfe
Member #

Hello, I picked up an Ikamper mini and the annex. The floor is "extra" I'm not sure that will meet your needs but it is pretty nice.

dboy

Rank III

Traveler III

Oregon
First Name
Daniel
Last Name
Jaquith
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7LDA
My CVT tent has one.

Wouldn't buy an annex without a floor. Don't really understand the purpose without one. Although the floor in mine does unzip for cleaning which is nice. So you could run it without if you felt the need.

Kids sleep in cots on the bottom.

Edit: The CVT Hybrid I have is a hard top with soft sides. Still allows stuff to be stored on the top with rails and tie downs.

Last edited:

tractor to trail

Rank III

Advocate I

N. Florida
First Name
Fred
Last Name
S
I've had both the CVT and alpha tents with annex and floor both worked great and a must have for a family or just to add that much needed space for extended stays with a RTT. I agree with others the floor is good for having dry space or extra sleeping space. My current tent topper doesn't have a floor on the annex but the habitat is so big it's not really missed.

Last edited:

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
HITents have a heavy duty canvas floor. We had one of there tents for about 4 years and my wife loved the anex.