Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I would seriously doubt if this has the structure to be durable enough to last in an off-road situation.
Many manufacturers just put on off-road tires with a little lift and call it their off-road version.
To me it's more about how well the structure of the trailer is built to take the torsion and bumpiness that I experience when I'm off-road.

FWIW. Dan.

Vyscera

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Chico, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Smith
Member #

That is a really cool version of the Teardrop. But that price can get you a lot of other things. For those with weight restrictions its a great option.

Craig Schueren

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso, TX
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Schueren
Member #

Service Branch
Army
It really looks good but, there's always a but, $27k and a year and a half wait. Don't know, I am trying to find what I want and this is close

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

jclaffee

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Durango, CO
Member #

We've got one on order (we pick it up in Sept.)

They don't make anything like an off-road version. It would sure be nice if they did. We need a 2nd sleeping area for our daughter, and we've looked at a lot of options. (We currently have a 17' R-Pod, and it does what we need it to). Beyond the "wow factor" of the Alto and the super open feel with all of the glass, the thing that drove our decision to buy is the build quality. The owner of the company is a former aerospace engineer, and they seem pretty obsessed with design and build quality, quality of components etc. I'm sure the Alto will go anywhere our R-Pod has gone, and I've pushed it pretty far for a trailer its size.

** on edit: oops, I found this thread via Google and I just realized it's over a year old :-(

thermorex

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Dalzell, SC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
E
Member #

It's a very nice and creative teardrop design and I can see a lot of interest in it but it still has a high profile (which means bad mileage) and limited space. For about 7 K less, you can get a Winnebago MicroMinnie, tandem, which has a full size bathroom, bigger kitchen, short queen bedroom and about 1k lbs more weight. I really like the design of it, but cannot see this being a trailer fitted for anything different than a "normal" road. Do a youtube search for "bruder trailer", other than costing a decent size house, it is a tempting offer for those that can afford it. Lol...