Allegheny National Forest

• HTML tutorial

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

Heading up to Allegheny National Forest with the family 6/25-6/29. Going to take an afternoon to explore with the Subaru. Will be my first trip to the mountains with my forester. We usually stay around Jakes Rock, past kinzua dam. We also plan to canoe/kayak from the dam to warren(about 8 miles or so). Anyhow if anyone is around or wants to stop by camp and have a beer, or if ya know any good roads to explore let me know! Thanks the gratefulfoz

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

I spent some time riding around the trails the oil pumps are on, miles and miles of road. We usually camp around rim rock, jakes rock. Kinzua area

Slippery Chuck

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Buffalo, New York, United States
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Finn
Member #

Nice looking subie. What year is it, have you made any mods
It's a 2018. All stock for now. I plan to lift, add skid plates and I'd also like to get a cheap bumper and cut it in half for a better approach angle. Make so I can swap between that and the stock bumper. I was just in the Jake's Rocks area last weekend. Heading back to that area tonight actually.

Reactions: GratefulFozzie

GratefulFozzie

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Pittsburgh
Member #

Cool man! Nice looking ride. Mine is a 2010, it is lifted only 1 inch front and 1 3/8 rear. Next investment is tires, plates, rally bar.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Slippery Chuck

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Buffalo, New York, United States
First Name
Charlie
Last Name
Finn
Member #

Definitely. I spent about 3 hours yesterday back in this spot off 59. Coordinates: 41.8677714, -78.9294264 head NW of this point. Typical gas pump trails but as you get closer to the lake the trails get steeper and rockier. Slightly more challenging than the rest of the trails in the area, from what I've seen so far.

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
If you guys ever have room for another rig let me know! I was near Indian lake and lake George a couple months ago but I was working all weekend. No time to explore. It looked like a beautiful area of New York.

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
For some reason my brain switched the two A words. Oh well. Iv never been to ANF Either. But it sounds like an awesome place

tacoclifford

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Stony point, ny
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Cirrilla
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2RMS
I’m going to have to check it out. I’ll deffinately let everyone know when I get a weekend to go.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
You should check it out, Allegheny National Forest is great, the reservoir is 23000 acres.
We're fortunate to have a number of great places to go in Pennsyltucky and I'm glad to see other members/Subarus getting out there to enjoy it!

Reactions: Slippery Chuck