• HTML tutorial

justintheegreat

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern California
Member #

Hey all,

Looking at getting an air compressor for my 06 Commander. What’s a good price range to look at? I’ve seen some really expensive ones, $500+, and some dirt cheap ones, sub $100.

Looking for some direction. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk
I'm no expert. but my dad has a ARB dual compressor and i used some autozone cigarette lighter plug in.
the ARB doesn't get as hot, as quick.
and it definately fills up his big tires faster then my cheap compressor does my small tires.
im in the market for a good $500 ARB dual compressor.

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Jopina7807

MoreGone

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Mesa, AZ
Member #

I'm frugal. I went with a Masterflow MV50 or 1050, same thing I think. Works good enough on my 32's. If you're airing up a lot, or running 35"s+ then yeah, an ARB would be the go to.

Reactions: Jopina7807

Overland California

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Jose, California
Member #

I made my own CO2 system for $150 and have a cheap back up compressor on alligator clips that does supposedly 5CFM.

An expensive compressor will work best but they sure are spendy. I’d recommend looking at fill up times. You don’t need to be the first one filled up but you definitely don’t want to be the last.

Jopina7807

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Clackamas, Clackamas County, Oregon, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
O
Member #

I made my own CO2 system for $150 and have a cheap back up compressor on alligator clips that does supposedly 5CFM.

An expensive compressor will work best but they sure are spendy. I’d recommend looking at fill up times. You don’t need to be the first one filled up but you definitely don’t want to be the last.
I just saw TrailRecon do a video on this. Seems like a great option/alternative to compressors. Where’d you get your tank from?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk