Add GMRS callsign to profile information?

• HTML tutorial

Stormcrow

Rank IV

Traveler III

Houston, TX
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Bleakley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5DSB
Can we add an entry to the profile information for a GMRS callsign (similar to the existing ham callsign entry, but separate)?

JackA

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Orondo, WA, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

I too would appreciate this option. HAM is great if you want to send data, organize a search and rescue mission in another state or talk to someone in Chile. GMRS is simple, effective and inexpensive comms for vehicle to person or vehicle to vehicle use.

JackA

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Orondo, WA, USA
First Name
Jack
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Just another thought. Because HAM call signs are different than GMRS call signs we could just put our GMRS call sign in the HAM call sign field. All the licensed HAM operators will know that it is a GMRS call sign and ignore it. Most of us "licensed by rule" GMRS users won't know the difference and it will not matter to us.

Tex.Proud

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Huntsville, TX, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Gills
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K4TXN
Service Branch
Army Veteran
Just another thought. Because HAM call signs are different than GMRS call signs we could just put our GMRS call sign in the HAM call sign field. All the licensed HAM operators will know that it is a GMRS call sign and ignore it. Most of us "licensed by rule" GMRS users won't know the difference and it will not matter to us.
There are HAMs like myself that also have a GMRS call sign to keep comms legal with whatever group I may be traveling with. A separate spot is not a bad idea.

Stormcrow

Rank IV

Traveler III

Houston, TX
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Bleakley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5DSB
There are HAMs like myself that also have a GMRS call sign to keep comms legal with whatever group I may be traveling with. A separate spot is not a bad idea.
Yeah, I'm in that boat too - I have licenses for both so I have 2 separate callsigns from the FCC. I've seen some folks combine them in the single field (like "KG5DSB - GMRS: WRFC327") but it Would be a whole lot cleaner (and easier to read on the member thumbnail to the left) if there was a separate field.

Reactions: Atlost67

Downs

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hunt County Texas
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Downs
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6RBI / WQYH678
Service Branch
USMC 03-16, FIRE/EMS
I just put my GMRS call sign in my signature. You can just put your GMRS call in the HAM call spot in your profile as well if you don't have both. YOu can also put your GMRS call in with your HAM call in the profile. If you go to my member info to the left you can hover over the "ham callsign" section and it will show you both my HAM and GMRS call.