Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Killin
Member #

I came across a few YouTube videos for Accessorides when researching remote start systems for my 2019 4Runner. It seems to be a complete plug and play system with no complicated wiring. I've never heard of this company and am curious if anyone has this remote start installed on their rig. If so, how do you like and have you had any issues?

K1LL1N

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Gilbert, AZ, USA
First Name
Zach
Last Name
Killin
Member #

I found another plug and play remote start but it seems to have the same problem as others, when you remote start the vehicle, the motor shuts off once you open the door so you have to restart with the key every time. The Accessorides version claims to not shut the motor off when opening the door, which is a plus for me.

I think I'm going to order one and test it out. I'll post a follow up once I've used it for a couple weeks.

TRD JON has an install video and a follow up video if interested.

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

I purchased the Accessorides 2000’ remote start kit not long after getting my 2019 TRD OR 4Runner. I think the install took about an hour or two, and I took my time. I did install the hood kill switch. I love the unit. The 2000’ remote beeps (loudly:( when it receives confirmation from the vehicle that it has actually started. The 1000’ remote that comes with that kit is a one way remote, and it doesn’t beep any. I don’t know if the remote actually works up to 2000’. However, I do know I can start my car from inside my office, which is in a concrete building, from several hundred feet away (no line of site). The remote battery has only been changed once in two years. In my case, the engine will stop ONLY if one of four things happens: the hood is opened, the 20 minute timer expires, you put your foot on the brake without having the key in the run position, or you press the remote to stop the engine. The engine will not stop when opening any doors, tailgate, etc. If I were to buy a new 4Runner, this would be one of my first things to add. In addition to routing some wires and installing the hood kill switch, the unit really is easy to plug in and get running.

390351BB-1E89-40D8-BB25-33ED378909A3.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: K1LL1N