Rank V

Advocate I

TN, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Jowers
Member #

I've been poking around forums, reviews, articles, and anything else I can find, but hoping to find some direct experience folks to confirm my thinking.

Backstory: My rig is being created from a Jeep WK2. At a max, I'd really only ever be able to get up to 32s without body modifications (and right now the idea of this rig is keeping a stock look...daily driver), and will likely run stock size for at least the next year or two. I'd only be looking at a handful of trips per year that would require airing down tires. I'll probably grab a 4-tire inflation kit just for a factor of convenience.

With that in mind, I was thinking something like a VIAIR 88-p would more than likely suit my needs. Fairly cheap, good rep, reasonable power for the size and price. With the tire size I'd be using, I'd likely only be going down to 20 psi or so in most cases, and with the not too frequent use, it seems like that would be sufficient, and last me for a while. Sure, I'd love a power tank for the speed, but don't really feel like dropping the coin on it for the limited usage we're talking. So with that in mind, is there anything drastically wrong with my thinking? And along that line, has anyone on here used an 88-P with 4 tire setups? I was poking around Morrflate's site and they say you could expect to inflate 33" tires in 15-18 minutes, but they don't mention from what PSI to what or provide any details. So far, I haven't found any reviews of someone using the 88 with a 4 tire system.

Reactions: MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

I bought exactly the viair 88P and have similar concept of use. I have 285/70r17 tires mounted and usually don't air down below 20psi. So it's really comparable, I use the indeflate device to air up or down 2 tires at once.
It took me 3 minutes 52 seconds to air up 2 tires at once from 1,5 - 2,3 Bar (approximately 21,5psi to 33,5psi) with 285/70r17.
Pretty okay to me. The duty cycle allows to air up all 4 without a break so I'm fine with it.