Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Good morning all,

I put up a new video this morning and it is a change of pace from the cooking. It is a two part video that takes a look at some of the smaller camping gadgets that I like to carry with me when I go out and why I like them. Nothing super pricey here and nothing over $100 but all of it (in my mind) is functional and worth carrying. If you have a look let me know what you think and if there are items in the category that you take with you.

I hope you like it-

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

very cool thread.... I'm subscribed
hopefully yer not offended if we take this and run posting OUR favourite things....

ps, I'm at a loss but will be camping this week so I should have a functioning brain on return.

Last edited:

dchurch

Rank III

Advocate I

Oregon, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Church
Nice work! I just watch parts 1 & 2. I love the quality of your picks. I think too many YouTube videos focus on being cheap.

Coincidentally I was looking at XL biodegradable wipes when I got sidetracked to your video. I also noticed we have some of the same or similar gear. I'm a big fan of Snow Peak.

My wife gave me my first bit of Snow Peak kit, a pair of takedown chopsticks. I've packed them around for more than 20 years.

I'm even a bigger fan because now our oldest daughter is the manager of Snow Peak's USA flagship store!

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

very cool thread.... I'm subscribed
hopefully yer not offended if we take this and run posting OUR favourite things....

ps, I'm at a loss but will be camping this week so I should have a functioning brain on return.
I look forward to checking it out. In the meantime the video on Sound of Music was a nice distraction!

Ragman

Rank V
Investor

Explorer I

Geneva, IL, USA
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Gearhart
Member #

Nice work! I just watch parts 1 & 2. I love the quality of your picks. I think too many YouTube videos focus on being cheap.

Coincidentally I was looking at XL biodegradable wipes when I got sidetracked to your video. I also noticed we have some of the same or similar gear. I'm a big fan of Snow Peak.

My wife gave me my first bit of Snow Peak kit, a pair of takedown chopsticks. I've packed them around for more than 20 years.

I'm even a bigger fan because now our oldest daughter is the manager of Snow Peak's USA flagship store!
I am glad you liked it and congratulations to your daughter, must be a pretty cool place to work. We think we will be going through Portland on our upcoming trip and hoped to visit the store and dine at Takibi but is seems to be fully booked the night we will be going through sadly. As I said in the video it is a bit silly to get jazzed about a coffee mug and the price will certainly make many peoples eyes roll, but there is just something about a simple design executed flawlessly that you know will never need to be replaced. Snow Peak has a passionate following for sure.