85 TOYOTA FJ60 BUILD

• Thread starter Deleted member 82267
  • Start date
  • HTML tutorial
Robert,

You would love this suspension. We have a 60 series with 500K miles and had the suspension for almost 200K. Broke one leaf once with too much weight on the rig, but other then that it is fantastic.

Cheers
Just a quick update. Suspension installed and yes it is great. Have about 300 miles on it and it rides better then my coil spring 2dr Jeep.

Reactions: Motohead1

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Thinking of the Howell fuel injection, any insight on this system?
Just saw this.
I have been using howell for years. I have either helped or installed around a dozen engine swaps with howell kits. I have also installed two of their throttle bodies. Their quality and customer service rocks. Their throttle body is a GM unit. Their harness use GM connectors. If you have an issue, you can diagnose it as a GM truck. One of my buddies had an FJ60. He had all kinds of issues getting the carb to work properly. This is what I recommended he do. He sold it before he did that and bought an FJ80 like mine.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
set the idle speed and went for a drive, much better but still stumbles when just off idle. However this engine takes forever to warm up and now when fully warm it runs great, the stumble is gone and engine runs very smooth.
If its taking too long to warm up, that's the thermostat. It should still run cold (doesn't get that cold here though). That's a carb/choke/fuel issue.

So my build has stalled out due to the holidays but I wanted to let other Cruiser owners beware of doing business with Cruiser Corps. Absolutely the worst customer service experience I have ever had to deal with. Just plain dishonest nasty people. Wish I had seen other posts about this company before I gave them my business.

Just saw this.
I have been using howell for years. I have either helped or installed around a dozen engine swaps with howell kits. I have also installed two of their throttle bodies. Their quality and customer service rocks. Their throttle body is a GM unit. Their harness use GM connectors. If you have an issue, you can diagnose it as a GM truck. One of my buddies had an FJ60. He had all kinds of issues getting the carb to work properly. This is what I recommended he do. He sold it before he did that and bought an FJ80 like mine.
I was going to get the Howell but ended up gettting the AFI kit. Very similar to the Howell and also based on the GM TBI. The pricing with a new distributor was hard to pass up. Once I get it installed I will let you know how it runs.

Reactions: smritte

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Watch out for cruiserparts.net
If your lucky, you will have a good experience. Most don't.