7 man caravan

• HTML tutorial

tyndall

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Back in what must have been the early eighties I was invited to stay aboard HMS Yarmouth by a family friend, a crew member, Brian Jones.I was about 10 or 11. It was a family open day type of thing but we got to stay a couple of nights on board the ship. I remember vaguely most of it-there was some kind of display with a helicopter winching crew members from the ship to the chopper,also one of the deck machine guns firing tracer. I remember other bits more clearly- firing a rifle at an empty oil barrel being towed 100 yards behind the ship was very memorable. Most memorable was the ‘dorm/bunkroom’ ?? we stayed in. We were in with members of the crew-the lights stayed on all night and it was hot. The bunk itself was about 2 feet wide with maybe 2 feet of headroom- I recall even as a small child it felt like a small area to sleep. I understand submarines have even smaller bunks?? Fast forward the best part of 45 years and I am the proud owner of 5 children aged between 4months and 13 years and one wife. I am designing in my head a camp trailer capable of housing aforementioned tribe internally with sleeping arrangements for all. Bunks would be the solution for the children.

My question is - how small can a bunk get for an adult before it becomes a bookshelf?