Clarksville, TN, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
Bud
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
This thread I will be showing gear choice, how I pack it, radios, navigation, recovery gear and whatever else. I have a '18 4Runner without a lift and have done some great trips and camping. New gear that I picked up is a Midland 40w GMRS radio and solar generator and panel. I will update with pictures and comments when I get time.

Attachments

TN_4Runner

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Clarksville, TN, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
Bud
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Soft shackles are nice when it comes to recovery. They aren't heavy and hard like conventional steel shackles which is nice just in case they fail. The kenetic rope has recovered several vehicles and i prefer this over a tow strap since it isn't as jarring when you yank someone out.

Attachments

TN_4Runner

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Clarksville, TN, USA
First Name
Bud
Last Name
Bud
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Lift Kits, Roof Racks, and Bumpers (oh my!).

A good lift kits goes a long way. Added room to let your suspension flex for maximum traction. Paired with a good set of offroad tires and your vehicle's capabilities are extended.
I have chosen a Front Runner Outfitters Slimline rack for my 4Runner. Front Runner has an immense amount of accessories that work with their racks and are made with quality in mind, the downside is that its not the cheapest.
CBI Offroad Covert Baja front bumper was the bumper I had in mind for my vehicle. It offered more recovery points, winch mount, lightbar mount but, also didn't take up my whole front. I opted for the bull bar and I think it looks great and has extended the capabilities of the vehicle. I have the Warn EVO 10-S winch mounted. I went with the synthetic line for added safety and weight saving. You just have to make sure you clean the rope every once in awhile to get any abrasive material out of your line.

Attachments