4Runner suspension: do I need to upgrade it yet?

• HTML tutorial

Gunga_galunga

Rank IV

Explorer I

Vestavia Hills, Jefferson County, Alabama, United States
First Name
Holton
Last Name
Bell
Member #

I’m looking at adding a winch to my 4Runner, but am not ready yet for a bumper. Basically I would just conceal it in the massive front end behind the stock bumper. Do I need to upgrade my suspension with this addition, or can I run with stock suspension until I’m ready for bumpers?

Attachments

D

Deleted member 14476

Yeah nah you don’t need to touch the suspension, don’t worry about it. It’ll handle the winch no problem.

Reactions: KAIONE

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

I’m looking at adding a winch to my 4Runner, but am not ready yet for a bumper. Basically I would just conceal it in the massive front end behind the stock bumper. Do I need to upgrade my suspension with this addition, or can I run with stock suspension until I’m ready for bumpers?
You are good to go, the front might sag a little but not issues at all.

Ben Kim

Rank V
Investor

Traveler III

Centennial, CO, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Kim
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0YZW
Should be fine. I’d look into a solid mount though. Rago Fabrications has a nice hidden mount that’s well built and will add extra weight to the setup but might be worth it so the winch stays attached :P

Reactions: Advtres and KAIONE

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
I had the front bumper and winch before I had the suspension upgraded and didn’t notice a thing! Well other then the big SSO slimline bumper !

Reactions: Ben Kim