Napa, Napa County, California, United States
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Kramer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6PHL

This is a 3 day trip to the Inyo NF near Mono Lake. Oct 27-29.

Leaving from Napa @ Noon on 10/27. If that’s too early, you can meet us there. Let me know, and I’ll send coordinates.

We will be visiting Copper Mtn, Bald Mtn, and Sagehen Peak

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
Sounds like a fun trip, love 395 area. Just went over Sonora Pass from the East side about 2 months ago. Can't make this one because I already have plans for next weekend.

Keep me in mind for a future trip.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrlMixx

Sheepdog

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

San Francisco
First Name
Eddie
Last Name
Wuu
Member #

Thanks for the invite but I'll be in L.A. for work that weekend. Went there once and love it. Wished I could joint you, have fun and be safe.

TrlMixx

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

First Name
Richard
Last Name
Kramer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6PHL
Thanks for the invite but I'll be in L.A. for work that weekend. Went there once and love it. Wished I could joint you, have fun and be safe.
No Problem.
FYI, we have OB Meet Ups each month. The next one is going to be NOV 12th @ 1:00-3:00.

I will be teaching how to use Gaia GPS

North Bay Overland Bound Monthly Meet-Up

If you want to attend, just mark yourself as “Attending”

Hope to see you there

Rich
TrlMixx

TrlMixx

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

First Name
Richard
Last Name
Kramer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6PHL
Ahhh. Looks like a great trip! I’m in Napa too but pesky kids birthdays get in the way this weekend. Hope to meet up soon!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

It’s OK, we have OB Meet Ups each month. The next one is going to be NOV 12th @ 1:00-3:00.

Hope to see you there

Rich
TrlMixx

TrlMixx

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

First Name
Richard
Last Name
Kramer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6PHL
Sounds like a fun trip, love 395 area. Just went over Sonora Pass from the East side about 2 months ago. Can't make this one because I already have plans for next weekend.

Keep me in mind for a future trip.
No Problem.

I was there this year the day they opened the Sonora pass. I was on the 395 when they opened it. Even though the road was cleared, the snow was CRAZY!

We do have OB Meet Ups each month. The next one is going to be NOV 12th @ 1:00-3:00.

Hope to see you there

Rich
TrlMixx

TrlMixx

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

First Name
Richard
Last Name
Kramer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6PHL
Sorry, but I'm up on the Rouge River and won't be home until the 28th.
No Problem.

Enjoy the Rouge! BE SAFE!

FYI, we have OB Meet Ups each month. The next one is going to be NOV 12th @ 1:00-3:00.

Hope to see you there

Rich
TrlMixx

Reactions: R.German-Jeeper

Darth Rver

Rank III

Contributor III

Oakley, CA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Wilkes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WI1KES
Service Branch
Army National Guard
I'm good to go. Since it sounds like you are headed out 108, I assume you'll be transiting through Rio Vista on Hwy 12. Could I pick you up at the junction of 12 and 160, which is just East of Rio Vista? I have ham and GMRS.

TrlMixx

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

First Name
Richard
Last Name
Kramer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6PHL
I'm good to go. Since it sounds like you are headed out 108, I assume you'll be transiting through Rio Vista on Hwy 12. Could I pick you up at the junction of 12 and 160, which is just East of Rio Vista? I have ham and GMRS.
Sounds Great! We will be taking 108 to 395.

Meeting at 12/160 Is perfect. See you there between 1:00-1:15ish (traffic). We will be on GMRS 15.

We will meet you at the corner Farmers Market parking lot. ‘DMF BY THE TOWER’.

Great to meet you and I will see you on Friday @ ~1:00ish.

Rich
TrlMixx

Attachments

Darth Rver

Rank III

Contributor III

Oakley, CA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Wilkes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WI1KES
Service Branch
Army National Guard
I\'m good to go. Since it sounds like you are headed out 108, I assume you\'ll be transiting through Rio Vista on Hwy 12. Could I pick you up at the junction of 12 and 160, which is just East of Rio Vista? I have ham and GMRS.
Sounds Great! We will be taking 108 to 395.

Meeting at 12/160 Is perfect. See you there between 1:00-1:15ish (traffic). We will be on GMRS 15.

We will meet you at the corner Farmers Market parking lot. ‘DMF BY THE TOWER’.

Great to meet you and I will see you on Friday @ ~1:00ish.

Rich
TrlMixx
Roger that. See you then.

TrlMixx

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

First Name
Richard
Last Name
Kramer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6PHL
I’ve added the GPX files for our trip.

Now this GPX includes leaving Napa, stopping in Rio Vista to pick up DARTH RVER, then head to Lodi to pick up BRM EXPLORATION, then to 395 Campsite.

We should make good time all the way to the campsite, now with that said, I want this to be fun and an experience. We will have our COMMS to communicate and should anyone want/need to stop for anything, we will do so. If time runs out, I have back up campsites along the route we are taking, so no worries.

The goal is to enjoy the trip and see Copper Mountain, Bald Mountain, Sahegen Peak, and any other thing you want to see within the time frame we got. I DO want us to all stay together so we can all be safe together. This area we are going has a spider web of trails that one couldn’t possibly travel in a week, so we can discuss what everyone wants to see once we get there and adjust accordingly.

There is no cell service most of the time, so anything you need to download at home before the trip, I’d do so (maps, music, etc…). It’s going to be cold, so bring provisions to keep warm at night. Make sure you get a fire permit, they require a permit to use your stove. It’s easy to get online, and it’s free.

Even though I’m being the “leader” right now and giving all the boring stuff, we will have fun. There is so much awesomeness out there!

Any Questions, let me know

(ALSO, IF ANYONE NEEDS GMRS RADIO, I HAVE EXTRA HANDHELDS)

See everyone soon :)

Reactions: CariR and Speric

kramme

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Novato, CA, USA
First Name
Melanie
Last Name
Kramme
Sorry for the very late response. My husband and I were out on the trails (Applegate/Lassen trail in Nevada) so I missed this trip. The trip you did sounds wonderful as I love anything along 395. I hope the group does a similar one in the future, I also will monitor for future events. We are happy there is a local group formed now. Until our paths cross at a event or meetup, Steve and Melanie Kramme from Novato.

TrlMixx

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

First Name
Richard
Last Name
Kramer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6PHL
Sorry for the very late response. My husband and I were out on the trails (Applegate/Lassen trail in Nevada) so I missed this trip. The trip you did sounds wonderful as I love anything along 395. I hope the group does a similar one in the future, I also will monitor for future events. We are happy there is a local group formed now. Until our paths cross at a event or meetup, Steve and Melanie Kramme from Novato.
We are meeting today for a Gaia training between 1-3pm

TrlMixx

Rank VI

Trail Blazer I

First Name
Richard
Last Name
Kramer
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG6PHL