Launch Member

Influencer II

Yuma, az
First Name
Dan
Last Name
H
Member #

Trying to put together a run in the kofa rangeand maybe through the cibola side of 95 as well. Meetup will be at the gas station on 7e on hwy 95 here in Yuma. We can discuss the route here but what I was thinking is from the gas station head past the castledome museum through McPherson pass to king road. From there north past Polaris and kofa mines with a stop at the old grave yard. From there through the canyons to hoodoo cabin to camp. From there north to the gas line road or to wilbanks cabin. From the gas line road, to 95 to quartzite to fill up. Then south on 95 to cibola lake Rd through ypg (non stop) to the river to thecibola ghost towns grave yard then up the wash which comes out at red cloud mine Rd to lake Martinez...
This is over 300 miles and most of it has no cell service, so plan accordingly. It won't take place until Jan or Feb...
Thoughts?

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
I'm interested, subscribing

danthman114

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yuma, az
First Name
Dan
Last Name
H
Member #

It seems that there's not very many who are interested in doing it... I even posted it in the West section for California...

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Post info and a link to this thread into the Arizona Overlanders thread. That's where most of the coordination seems to happen from what i've experienced.

jeepdaze

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Dunning
Member #

This sounds great. I'm new to the area and I'm familiar with any of these trails or landmarks. Would an unlifted 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4 on 32s be good enough for the journey?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

danthman114

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yuma, az
First Name
Dan
Last Name
H
Member #

It should be. At least last time I went through it was but the desert will change after the first rain. There might be 1 place that is concerning. Stock samurais made it through the first leg. It's not untill the last leg going to red cloud might be one spot. Measure your ground clearance and let me know. I'll try to find some pics to show you

jeepdaze

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

US
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Dunning
Member #

I have between 10" and 11" clearance to the body. I may add a 2.5" lift by then, though.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

SEAcruiser6186

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
DeWees
Member #

We're still bone stock but hopefully by dec we'll have a small lift and bed racks. If we can get the rig trail ready my wife and I would definitely be in. We are itching to get out and explore.

danthman114

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Yuma, az
First Name
Dan
Last Name
H
Member #

This whole area was a bombing range at one time , so traveling off of the road is not advised... From cibola lake road to the river is all Yuma proving ground that travels past test sights. We CANNOT stop there and have to call range control for access to pass through.

DezertRat

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Yuma AZ
Count me in, i have a wide truck prerunner style, any tight spots i should be worried about? I can do feb, will be gone mid january for about 10 days

buckwilk

Rank IV

Advocate II

yuma, az
As time approaches interest will pick up. I've done parts of this route and it is a good one. I'm pretty sure the route can be done by stock rigs, although we all know that could change overnight.

Reactions: YPD1 and DezertRat

PanthurBRZ

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Gilbert, Arizona
Member #

Is this feasible for 2WD with ~6-8" ground clearance? Vehicle weight is ~3k lbs so being light helps, but I don't want to overestimate anything either.