jimmajim

Rank 0

Contributor II

Connecticut, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Blau
I'll be renting a campervan in Seattle on the first Sunday in September, and returning it in Portland on the following Wednesday. This gives me three nights to do some van camping in one of the most beautiful areas of the USA. I'm experienced with van camping, but not in the PNW (yet). I would love to get recommendations for specific locations to camp from any of you good folks!

With only 3 nights available to me, I'm looking for maximum spectacular-ness in campsites, which to me means above all natural beauty, and as close to alone as possible. So I believe I'm looking for dispersed-camping sites on National Forest land, but of course ones you can drive into ... I have no problem camping without facilities or water if necessary.

Many thanks in advance!

Reactions: David C Gibbs

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

I'll be renting a campervan in Seattle on the first Sunday in September, and returning it in Portland on the following Wednesday. This gives me three nights to do some van camping in one of the most beautiful areas of the USA. I'm experienced with van camping, but not in the PNW (yet). I would love to get recommendations for specific locations to camp from any of you good folks!

With only 3 nights available to me, I'm looking for maximum spectacular-ness in campsites, which to me means above all natural beauty, and as close to alone as possible. So I believe I'm looking for dispersed-camping sites on National Forest land, but of course ones you can drive into ... I have no problem camping without facilities or water if necessary.

Many thanks in advance!
Hi Jimmy, see if you can get 1 night at Sol Doc, in Olympic N. P., then on down and around the sound and down the coast. A stop at Ruby Beach is worth the effort. Camping short of Astoria, OR. Then you have a choice - go to Portland, the Rose Garden, Farmers Market, etc. Or down to Tillamook, then back to return the Van. Just my thoughts! DG

Reactions: rtexpeditions