louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
just curious to hear what sort of resolutions are being made out there other than the typical loose weight and exercise more...

Reactions: FishinCrzy

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
More time spent vacationing with friends and family (camping or not).

2023 was a tough year. Lost my cousin to some teenager who was speeding and lost control of his car, and a few months later I lost my father in law to cancer. Really put into perspective how important life is, and how it can change in an instant.

Ethan N

Local Expert, East Region USA

Guardian II

Ocean County, NJ, USA
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Newago
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Lose weight?! My first meal of the year was at like 1215 this morning. Haha.

I suppose what I'd really like is to hit a trail I've never done, camp a spot I've never been, share a beer with someone I've never met, and give my daughter an experience she'll never forget.

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
no more fast food when traveling
I like that one. might have to adopt it myself. not a huge change but the only time I eat fast food anymore is on trips...

Along that note, I want to cut soda down. I am back to driking way too much... might set myself a limit of one can a day

Reactions: grubworm

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
no more fast food when traveling
Thats a good one! We get caught in that trap when travelling long distance, so easy to swing in and grab a burger. When we actually manage to plan ahead and bring fixings for sandwiches and such we have found it really does not take any more time as Michelle can whip up lunch while I fuel and check over the rig. Plus we save a bunch of money and feel better and do not have to deal with people..lol Now just have to remember that and go the grocery store before we leave...

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
Thats a good one! We get caught in that trap when travelling long distance, so easy to swing in and grab a burger. When we actually manage to plan ahead and bring fixings for sandwiches and such we have found it really does not take any more time as Michelle can whip up lunch while I fuel and check over the rig. Plus we save a bunch of money and feel better and do not have to deal with people..lol Now just have to remember that and go the grocery store before we leave...
Another is Gas Station snacks! but I've eliminated those already. Celary and Peanut Butter is KING in my rig. I actually noticed I feel better on trips with this (and save a TON of unbugeted $)

Advtres

Rank VI
Investor

Steward I

Hollister, CA, USA
First Name
Lizabeth
Last Name
Deliriumskid
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6STB
Realization that based on actuarial life tables I might at best have 20 more good summers ( more likely 15 but we will be on the cup is half full side!). I want to make the best of those summers so whatever I need to do to ensure I can see the places I want to see, poke around in old townsites, villages or look for cool rocks I can do it.

See ya down the trail!
L

DintDobbs

Rank V

Advocate III

First Name
Daniel &
Last Name
the Vulture
@Advtres I felt that one. I might be 26 today, but I'll be 27 next month, and my dad just hit the end of the road at 63 a few months ago. Any summer could be any one's last; only the blessed die of old age, and that comes with its own problems.

Do what is most important to you, with the ones who are most important to you. This requires sacrifice. Show love and respect to all. This also requires sacrifice. Don't sacrifice your standards, but sacrifice your pride and comfort. It's difficult to find people worthy of friendship, very difficult to make them your friends, and nearly impossible to keep them as friends. Make sure that those who matter to you, know that they matter to you. This also requires sacrifice.

With all of that said, this year I plan to improve my presentation. I'm not scared to say what I mean, but people are scared when I say it.

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
Enjoy more cigars and wisk(e)ys.

IOW, smoke and drink more than last year.

For the past decade or so I have kept my resolution not to make resolutions, so this is a break in tradition for me.