Enthusiast I

Chesapeake, VA, USA
First Name
Carll
Last Name
Dolson
Member #

Overland Bound Brothers and Sisters,

I am in Chesapeake,VA and just had a idea. Would anyone be interested in a early 2024 Jan or Feb Overland trip 5-7day up or down the East Coast?
Could also maybe include a portion of (TAT) TransAmerican Trail. I don't have any details just trying to get a feeler out there.
If your interested and/or if you have any ideas to make it awesome let me know.

Please excuse my grammar.

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Go south young man! Trails will be closed/gated in Jan/Feb up here in the Nor'east. Have to think most of the Mid Atlantic Backroad Discovery route would be as well.

SpookyII

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Danbury, CT, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
SmoothOperators
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC10IM
Im interested. Im a CT guy, but Ive traveled (much) farther for some adventure. @RJ Howell Im thinking the MABDR would be safe that time of year, its supposed to be the easiest of the BDR's being mostly tramac, but I dont know for sure. @19_TITAN_PRO4X I can't say im prepared to head further south than VA, but if you decide to do a trip north or east from there, Id definitely be interested.

John Bishop

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

I wouldn’t be able to take that much time off from work, but I’d be interested in possibly joining in part of it. I’m in the eastern panhandle of WV
Many, but not all, of the fs roads in the Washington/ Jefferson/ Mon Nat Forests are gated after a certain date for the winter. Not sure how affected the bdr is through that area.

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

Quite a bit of pavement and easy route-arounds if needed. As we in the Nor'east start frost season and parts of the MABDR being of elevation, I'd not just assume it would still be easy. I'd expect some of those back country roads (tar or not) to be greasy.

Hopefully a local will pipe up and talk area weather around there.

Reactions: SpookyII

jstarky

Rank II

Contributor II

Baltimore, MD, USA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Starkweather
Member #

I'm in Baltimore and definitely interested! Have been looking for a good group since I moved out here. Please keep me updated in case you decide on anything.

AlwaysDusty

Rank 0

Contributor II

West Deptford, NJ, USA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Overs
Im new here and from new jersey. I am in for some adventure some time soon. i may not be able to take off five or more days but I can meet up with you guys for the weekend at least.