Superfishal

Rank III

Advocate I

Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Alan
Currently running Nitto Ridge grapplers LT 295 70/R 18’s on Method Bead grip wheels.. 25,000. Miles on them and they are getting super noisy. Looking to replace with a more quiet A/T tire..any recommendations appreciated.

Last edited:

G.Goodwin

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Explorer I

West Richland, WA
First Name
Garrett
Last Name
Goodwin
Member #

Currently running Nitto Ridge grapplers LT 295 70/R 18’s on Method Bead grip wheels.. 25,000. Miles on them and they are getting super noisy. Looking to replace with a more quiet A/T tire..any recommendations appreciated.
I purchased a set of Wrangler Duratrac as I needed to replace one tire right before we left for a trip. It was the only set that had the tread ratings and mileage I was wanting. I’ve had them for a year now and put roughly 15k on them and they are wearing good, have handled deep snow well at 10psi and I have no noise at highway speeds. Been a great tire so far. I had to buy at discount tire as they are the only ones that carried it at the time. Don’t know if that is still true or not

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
Kinda shows how much ratings are worth. Duratracs are soft rubber that wears quick, and a bit soft on weight capacity as well. Loved them on my SRW work truck. But the new DRW truck, would melt those in 6 months.

Kenda Klever RT.
Cooper RT.
Cooper St Maxx.

Rotate every 5000 or they all get loud.