Enthusiast III

Alta Loma, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Garcia
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6PSF
Great write up! Few questions if you don't mind...

What was the deciding factor that made you go with Thuren for suspension? I'm still going between Thuren, Carli, Pure Performance and AEV.

What gears are in your truck and how are they doing with the 37s?

I've had KO2s on a Jeep but never a HD. Are the 37s E rated?

I don't want to hijack this thread but I'd like to give my 2 cents on the Thuren vs Carli decision. First off, I know both of these guys personally, though it has been a little more than 10 years that I've seen either of them. I have off-roaded with them both, and both have worked on my truck. The majority of the suspension on my 2006 Ram is mostly Thuren, installed by me and Don Thuren himself at his shop when it was on an avocado farm in Goleta, CA and he was still a one man band, so to speak. My fiberglass fenders and limit straps were installed at Carli's shop in Orange when they were a shop of 3 or 4 guys. Both of these guys are class act's, and they are very good at what they do. Both can make a big heavy diesel truck work really well off road (not as easy task). I've watched both their small shops grow into big players in the game and it couldn't have happened to nicer guys. You won't go wrong with either brand. And I guarantee both put out a superior performing suspension than both Pure Performance and AEV.

Reactions: Overland4Heroes

Overland4Heroes

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, TX, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
Paul, awesome feedback man! I always like to hear from the guys who have tried multiple brands and their experiences. It's also very cool that you actually know these guys, as its always great to hear how companies continue to grow because they produce a great product and help their customers achieve their goals.

Last edited:

Overland4Heroes

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Georgetown, TX, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Tucker
Member #

Service Branch
Air Force
18k Miles and it was time to replace the pesky stock trackbar that has been popping since the last trail. The Thuren track bar is much beefier and the front end is now tight again.

IMG_4269.JPEG

IMG_4265.JPEG

Attachments

Reactions: Shahn