Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Next weekend is the 4wp uor show in midlothian at texplex motorsports. If anyone is going and would like to meet up and roll in as a ob crew and have a parking area for overlanders let me know ahead of time. We will definately be there sunday ive got a bunch of parts to throw on friday and maybe saturday before my truck makes its 2020 debut.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Reactions: eagle_A40

roots66

Local Expert, Texas USA
Launch Member

Member III

Weir, TX, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Roots
Member #

Service Branch
USAF
I can't make it, but looks cool.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Had no idea this park existed. It’s pretty close to us so we might go. Are there many overland vendors or is it mostly 4x4?
Its a mix of everything offroad, lifted bro trucks, jeeps, sxs, trophy trucks some rigs wit rtts. I find watching what folks are driving in more interesting than the actual show.

If you go i wont be hard to find im the silver non zr2 colorado z71 with snorkel thats the closest to being a bison. my ob badge is on the tailgate.

If im not around the truck look for a 6'2" guy wearing this hat thats me
15822101765241225680597.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: TexasGMG

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Got another week. If around 50 or so ob member show up we could turn the show into an overlanding show. If it turns out like last year there would be more of us than the exhibitors. Maybe the event coordinators would take notice and schedule more overlanding/expeditionary vendors. Just a thought

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
Buy tickets now if your going, they go up $5 saturday at the gate.
This is the first I have heard of it in the forums of OB. Be nice if someone is aware of these events to post it a few weeks before it happens. TEXAS IS A BIG STATE, it takes planning to attend events so far away from the rest of the world of overlanders.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I did 2 weeks before in 2 different places.
I must have missed them. There is only hundreds of threads in the forums. Easy to miss something not in a mainline forum like daily check in. We need a thread specifically to post upcoming events. We'll get there sooner or later.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Only thing i messed up on the obstacle, 1 of the 3 bolts holding my skidplate. They set us up next to the porta potties shows what bfg tires think of chevy.
20200229_162248.jpg20200229_154133.jpg

Last edited:

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

The show is at a better venue but there were less vendors. There was like 1 roof top tent that looked awful and the bd diesel and leer trucks were the only ones that looked overlandy . I was definately the only overlander in the show and shine (of course we lost).