TMB725

Rank II

Enthusiast II

New Mexico
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Becker
Finally completed the rack and mounted my RTT. Going camping this weekend!
That looks great! I like that it integrates with the bed cover. I just noticed you were in WY. I grew up in Casper! Where are you headed to this weekend?
I dropped off my iKamper to get sprayed with LineX for some added protection this AM, should pick it up tomorrow or Wednesday. I’ll post up a pic once it’s done!

Reactions: SS308

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
Thanks! I wanted to utilize my Bak Flip Tonneau Cover for security, that's why the height. Plus my wife doesn't like critters...:yum:
Looking at hiding somewhere in the Medicine Bow National Forest, around Pole Mountain.
Want to go up by Dubois and camp, sometime late summer/early fall.

What part of New Mexico? I use to live in Trinidad and would sneak into Northern New Mexico quite a bit.

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
Finally got to go camping this weekend. Perfect weather, great location (only get there with a high clearance 4x4 :grin:). Gotta love Wyoming!
Did I mention I love my Raptor...:blush:

Attachments

Reactions: WTSMatt and Kendv8s

TMB725

Rank II

Enthusiast II

New Mexico
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Becker
Finally got to go camping this weekend. Perfect weather, great location (only get there with a high clearance 4x4 :grin:). Gotta love Wyoming!
Did I mention I love my Raptor...:blush:
Sorry for the slow response. Been laid up fighting the flu for over a week!
Looks like the setup worked out great! Anything you would change from this trip?

TMB725

Rank II

Enthusiast II

New Mexico
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Becker
One of the cool things to happen this month was the truck was featured in the Decked BOM!

Reactions: Kendv8s and SS308

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
Sorry for the slow response. Been laid up fighting the flu for over a week!
Looks like the setup worked out great! Anything you would change from this trip?
Being sick sucks, hope you're fully recovered.

Need to be a little more organized (forgot some items), but getting there.
Installing my awning tomorrow. Will post pics when completed.

Anything new with yours?

Last edited:

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
What happen to you ? Did you get kidnapped by wild, sex crazed Amazon Women and have no strength to type?!

TMB725

Rank II

Enthusiast II

New Mexico
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Becker
What happen to you ? Did you get kidnapped by wild, sex crazed Amazon Women and have no strength to type?!
I wish, but an fortunately it has just been crazy the past few weeks with work and all that is going on in the world. We provide support for disaster and refugee relief so nothing but work, work, work.

I will say that in a couple of weeks I will have a huge update on the truck! Lots of work going on in the background so once it is finalized I will post up some pics, complete change to my set up if it all works out!

my truck is going in for the suspension updates end of next week. Shock rebuild all 4 corners, geiser springs up front and a set of air lift bags and cradles in the rear to help with weight for the “new” set up or just with the current set up.

Still need to get my WeBoost wired up and looking at adding a yaesu ham Radio also.

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
I wish, but an fortunately it has just been crazy the past few weeks with work and all that is going on in the world. We provide support for disaster and refugee relief so nothing but work, work, work.

I will say that in a couple of weeks I will have a huge update on the truck! Lots of work going on in the background so once it is finalized I will post up some pics, complete change to my set up if it all works out!

my truck is going in for the suspension updates end of next week. Shock rebuild all 4 corners, geiser springs up front and a set of air lift bags and cradles in the rear to help with weight for the “new” set up or just with the current set up.

Still need to get my WeBoost wired up and looking at adding a yaesu ham Radio also.

Wow , I guess. Stop that work crap and get your priorities straight (and leave those Amazon Women alone :yum:)...LOL!
Don't mean to harass, just making sure our fellow Raptor is ok. I felt like I was taking over your board...lol!

Finally got my awning installed, only to have a huge gust of wind catch it and break it. Fixing that his weekend. Installed chase lights and installed an additional Raptor switch panel. Will send pics later, it turned out cool.

Last edited:

TMB725

Rank II

Enthusiast II

New Mexico
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Becker
Wow , I guess. Stop that work crap and get your priorities straight (and leave those Amazon Women alone :yum:)...LOL!
Don't mean to harass, just making sure our fellow Raptor is ok. I felt like I was taking over your board...lol!

Finally got my awning installed, only to have a huge gust of wind catch it and break it. Fixing that his weekend. Installed chase lights and installed an additional Raptor switch panel. Will send pics later, it turned out cool.
No harassment at all! If I could ditch work completely and just play with the Raptor life would be amazing haha! unfortunately I have to pay for my obsession! Still hoping to become independently wealthy somehow!

that sucks about the awning. Those Wyoming winds are no joke! Looking forward to the pics of the lights and switch panel. Once I wrap up this new camping Set up I am going to be doing some additional lighting on mine!

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
No harassment at all! If I could ditch work completely and just play with the Raptor life would be amazing haha! unfortunately I have to pay for my obsession! Still hoping to become independently wealthy somehow!
that sucks about the awning. Those Wyoming winds are no joke! Looking forward to the pics of the lights and switch panel. Once I wrap up this new camping Set up I am going to be doing some additional lighting on mine!
Remember, when you become " independently wealthy", I look good in a chauffeur hat...:sunglasses:.

Any new updates?

TMB725

Rank II

Enthusiast II

New Mexico
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Becker
Remember, when you become " independently wealthy", I look good in a chauffeur hat...:sunglasses:.

Any new updates?
Well the suspension is still “under construction” so to speak. My local Shop had a couple issues on the shocks rebuild that were outside of everyone’s control and a couple of additional parts are on back order but they are working through it! Should have that all wrapped by end of next week as long as parts ship, the truck is operational currently but trips will be delayed until the shocks get knocked out.

This past weekend I did get my new set up, picked up a Camp King outback canopy camper from Sloop Imports in Steam Boat Springs Colorado. This thing is pretty awesome! Going to give me some more security while the truck is parked and help keep the dust out of everything, along with simplicity of set up/tear down, about 2 mins to set up and 2 mins to put down!

Only problemI have is enough time to sit down and finalize my aux power set up, have to run DC/DC and solar power to the battery and convert my fridge plug to an Anderson style and relocate the wiring for the lights inside the unit to fit my set up. Once that is done along with my shocks, the wife and I are hoping to take a 7-10 day trip up into Colorado/Utah if I can get the time off!

The blue raptor is just for reference on what the unit looks like fully opened up!

C2F937C0-40B3-4EB2-92C9-F882F9D445CC.jpeg0F668E27-02F5-4D7C-899A-2A98413FF514.jpeg100F39F4-BB67-47D1-9039-78B745EEB885.jpegFF6AC360-0CAF-4112-81C0-EBC3447BB3DA.jpeg

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
What's new for the New Year?
For me, new Morimoto XB headlights, rock lights and new hood skin for this year...:grinning:
Will post pics when the snow clears...

TMB725

Rank II

Enthusiast II

New Mexico
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Becker
What's new for the New Year?
For me, new Morimoto XB headlights, rock lights and new hood skin for this year...:grinning:
Will post pics when the snow clears...
Waiting on a new Sherpa EC roof rack and some other goodies to come in… then I will begin finalizing my water system… lastly I am looking at custom front and rear bumpers hopefully by the end of the year!

SS308

Rank V

Advocate I

Cheyenne, WY, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KF7QFH
Service Branch
USMC
Waiting on a new Sherpa EC roof rack and some other goodies to come in… then I will begin finalizing my water system… lastly I am looking at custom front and rear bumpers hopefully by the end of the year!
Who you going with, with your bumpers ? I went with ADD front and back, great protection and looks.

TMB725

Rank II

Enthusiast II

New Mexico
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Becker
Who you going with, with your bumpers ? I went with ADD front and back, great protection and looks.
We have a local guy that is building them about 2 hours south of me, SOB Fabrication. He Has done a couple of customs for my buddies so he is definitely high on the list. I Want a dual swing out for my spare and some Jerry cans in the rear with a rear mounted winch…nothing on the market currently for that hence the custom fab. Figured I would keep them the same, although I really like the ADD slimline Frame cut bumpers for the front…