Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Drum, Jefferson County, New York, United States
First Name
Maxwell
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

Before I start talking about my lift on my VW AllTrack I should first point out that it’s a 2017. This is important because it has a longer driver side axle. This prevents the dreaded axle bind that some people have experienced running lifts on other year alltrack/sport wagon.

As of right now I haven’t run across anyone else on the forums that’s running the set up that I have which is

Forge spacers: VW Alltrack/Tiguan Leveling Lift Kit - FMLFT1

H&R springs: H&R Raising Springs for Volkswagen Tiguan | H&R Special Springs, LP.

I bought this set up from a guy on Facebook market place that was selling it as a package deal for a steal of $300, uninstalled still new in the box. I went back and fourth with Forge Motorsport if installing both of these on my car was even feasibly possible. That’s when they told me that 2017s have slightly longer driver side axles so it might be possible. So I decided to just say fuck it and throw it on.

So far I’ve driven a total of 35,000 miles on this lift without any issues. No noticeable damage, or premature wear to the axle. It has added -0.5 negative camber to the front of my car. But after 35k I haven’t noticed any noticeable Treadwear that would be concerning.

In total I’d say it’s about an 2-2.5inch lift overall. (A lot have people have told me it’s 3inchs, but I never I measured it before and after)

If you don’t have a 2017 you could skirt around that by installing the B2BFAB Axle Spacer Kit, for Alltrack / Golf / GTI / Sportwagen, Mk4/5/6/7 w/108mm axles I’ve only ever seen the b2bfab kit run on cars that where running one or the other not both of them installed.

Cheers.

Attachments

Gary T. CLARK

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Tracy, CA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JVX
Before I start talking about my lift on my VW AllTrack I should first point out that it’s a 2017. This is important because it has a longer driver side axle. This prevents the dreaded axle bind that some people have experienced running lifts on other year alltrack/sport wagon.

As of right now I haven’t run across anyone else on the forums that’s running the set up that I have which is

H&R springs: H&R Raising Springs for Volkswagen Tiguan | H&R Special Springs, LP.

I bought this set up from a guy on Facebook market place that was selling it as a package deal for a steal of $300, uninstalled still new in the box. I went back and fourth with Forge Motorsport if installing both of these on my car was even feasibly possible. That’s when they told me that 2017s have slightly longer driver side axles so it might be possible. So I decided to just say fuck it and throw it on.

So far I’ve driven a total of 35,000 miles on this lift without any issues. No noticeable damage, or premature wear to the axle. It has added -0.5 negative camber to the front of my car. But after 35k I haven’t noticed any noticeable Treadwear that would be concerning.

In total I’d say it’s about an 2-2.5inch lift overall. (A lot have people have told me it’s 3inchs, but I never I measured it before and after)

If you don’t have a 2017 you could skirt around that by installing the B2BFAB Axle Spacer Kit, for Alltrack / Golf / GTI / Sportwagen, Mk4/5/6/7 w/108mm axles I’ve only ever seen the b2bfab kit run on cars that where running one or the other not both of them installed.

Cheers.
Hello Max,
This is my son's 2019 with lift kit and we are running the longer Atlas rear shocks. We have also installed the longer also to stop the cv bind. It's been on a couple trips with me and the Touareg.

Attachments

Reactions: Max Snyder

Max Snyder

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Drum, Jefferson County, New York, United States
First Name
Maxwell
Last Name
Snyder
Member #

Cheers.
Hello Max,
This is my son's 2019 with lift kit and we are running the longer Atlas rear shocks. We have also installed the longer also to stop the cv bind. It's been on a couple trips with me and the Touareg.
Looks great! How do you like the atlas shocks in the rear?

Gary T. CLARK

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Tracy, CA, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Clark
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JVX
Gives more drop so helps keeping the tire on the ground.
We did have to move a couple of the sensor wires so they were not pulling on them, easy the wires are plenty long .

rtexpeditions

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Hobart, Tasmania, Australia
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Treloyn
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VK7VWK
Gives more drop so helps keeping the tire on the ground.
We did have to move a couple of the sensor wires so they were not pulling on them, easy the wires are plenty long .
It's great those sensor wires are long enough. They are a problem on my VW van and I've snapped one when my suspension was overly extended.

thesyncroviking

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Market Warsop, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, UK
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Wilkinson
Member #

Love seeing the lifted VW models. I considered an Alltrack a while ago to replace my partners early Audi Q7 but functionally it would duplicate much of the things my Amarok covers and we went with a temporary smaller car (which she hates - but she spent the budget on other things so her problem).

I lift every VW I own so you are preaching to the converted. Keep up the good work :laughing: