2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4

• HTML tutorial

RedBeard

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vallejo, CA, USA
Member #

Recently picked up a 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road so I can dive headfirst into overlanding. I've been into camping, backpacking, etc forever and discovered last year that my Camry wasn't able to keep up on any unpaved forest roads out in the Sierra's. The majority of the work done to the rig thus far was done by the dealer and there are certain mods that I know I need to replace (i.e.: nerf bars for rock sliders). Here's what has been done to my rig so far:

- 2017 Toyota Tacoma TRD Off-Road 4x4 V6
- double cab manual transmission
- 3in lift
- 17in Pro Comp 34 Series Rockwell wheels
- Pro Comp A/T Sport LT285/70R17's
- Rigid Industries 30” SR-Series Hybrid Combo light bar
- Nerf bars
- TRD skid plate
- TRD chrome tipped exhaust
- Hondo Garage Un-Holey Dash Mount w/ Grip X-II for a Samsung 7in tablet (GPS/Off-Road Navigation)
- Plasti dipped badges and grill
- Obligatory Chicago Blackhawks decal (GO HAWKS!)
- Overland Bound Member Badge (not yet attached)

Reactions: Jimmy P

SPJEEP4x4

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Wichita, KS
Member #

You said the dealer plastic dipped your grille and badges? I’d lreally like to do something about my grille without having to drop a ton of $$ on the Pro grille.

RedBeard

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vallejo, CA, USA
Member #

I’ve never plasti dipped anything so I’m sure I will definitely have questions. To start, which dip did you use and about how long does it take?
I picked up a few cans of the black plastidip spray from Ace Hardware (this is a rattle can). When spraying I did multiple coats from multiple angles, applying a new coat every 30ish mins until covered. Took me the afternoon to hammer it out.

Reactions: SPJEEP4x4