2017 F350 Overland

• HTML tutorial

Ric0chet808

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Sumner WA
You are pretty much doing the exact build that I am thinking about. I currently have an F-150 supercab. However I really want a crew cab but I want to keep the six and a half foot bed. Instead of getting a supercab F-150 with a long bed I'm thinking about just doing a 6.2 liter F250. It's bigger but not by too much and the increased payload would be worth it.

I would love to hear more about your experiences with your setup and to keep this thread updated with your build.

The other direction I'm thinking about is checking out the new ranger. Basically I've ruled out the F-150 crew cab with a short bed. I'm either going six and a half feet in an F250 or I'm going to go for the smaller vehicle that'll be easier to run on the trails.

Last edited:
Reactions: YF_Ryan

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
There are many good options for sure. I wanted diesel and great payload/towing capacity. I also needed a full size bed for stealth camping, but room for my family when necessary. My setup is working well. I’ll continue to post updated pics. The Habitat camper is from Adventure Trailers in AZ. The bed drawers are from Goose Gear and slides from Tembo Tusk, both in SoCal.

Reactions: YF_Ryan

YF_Ryan

Rank 0

Traveler I

Looking good. Love to see more Habitats. Seems like the new wedges are all people are talking about anymore. Having that full sized bed sure looks nice. My 5 foot bed tacoma doesn't leave a lot of space once we are loaded up. But hey, it works!

IMG_2018-08-11_12-29-17.jpg

@Ric0chet808 , Mule Outfitters over in Issaquah just started selling AT Habitats if you didn't already know that. They weren't at the time I got mine, so had to drive down from WA to Salt Lake City (nearest vendor) to pickup/ get installed.

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
I just had ARB on board air installed inside my truck bed, so far so good. Also, I'm making good use of a "bed plate" accessory sold by BuiltRight Industries. Not many people have seen these in use, so I'm sharing the love. The business owner is Matt Beenen. He's a small shop, but with really good products and customer service. Here's his website link

https://www.builtrightind.com

16PPqU93SyuX74YlNOhDdw.jpg ZgIY%KQeRiOv2OPKQAKyMg.jpg

Reactions: JCWages

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
fullsizeoutput_414f.jpeg Today I installed my Road Shower. This gives us 7 gallons of onboard pressurized water. I chose to mount mine inside the truck camper, partly b/c I don’t have a roof rack (yet) and also to manage my already big profile. I bought some Home Depot brackets and just mounted it to my bed plates. The bed/interior is plenty wide, and the Road Shower tube doesn’t interfere at all with my stealth camping setup. Here's a pic

Attachments

SC.250

Rank 0

Traveler I

I had my (Frontrunner) rack installed last week. I went to their SoCal shop and had them do it onsite. It looks nice and they were great to deal with. I will definitely continue to work with them for more products going forward.
Awesome build. I am waiting on my new f250 to be delivered. What size wheels and tires are those, if you don't mind sharing?

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
Awesome build. I am waiting on my new f250 to be delivered. What size wheels and tires are those, if you don't mind sharing?
20" x 9" rims (Dick Cepek Deegan 38), 275/65/R20 tires. I'm nearly ready to replace my tires, after barely 18K miles. I'm considering switching to BFG KM3s or Nitto Ridge Grapplers. For now, I'd prefer to stay with no lift/level, as I'm in a parking structure at work (barely fits as is)

SC.250

Rank 0

Traveler I

20" x 9" rims (Dick Cepek Deegan 38), 275/65/R20 tires. I'm nearly ready to replace my tires, after barely 18K miles. I'm considering switching to BFG KM3s or Nitto Ridge Grapplers. For now, I'd prefer to stay with no lift/level, as I'm in a parking structure at work (barely fits as is)
Great! Thank you. I was also thinking of going with Ridge Grapplers. My current raptor is running the stock KO2s but they aren't great with towing. which is part of the reason to getting the f250 as well. Thank you for posting about your build

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
Great! Thank you. I was also thinking of going with Ridge Grapplers. My current raptor is running the stock KO2s but they aren't great with towing. which is part of the reason to getting the f250 as well. Thank you for posting about your build
I ended up buying General Tire Grabber X3s. They get great reviews and so far I’m very pleased in mud and rainy freeway driving. I’ll get them in the snow soon. IMG_1549.JPG

Reactions: MazeVX and Jimmy P

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
I was able to sneak in a quick over nighter at Crystal Cove Campgrounds in Laguna. Great place with nice facilities and not a bad seat in the house

69machguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Nunya, USA
First Name
Wally
Last Name
Kunz
New rear bumper is hung. I had a hit and run a few weeks ago while parked overnight in a Marriott Hotel lot.