Krazyjohnny

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Northwest Arkansas
First Name
John
Last Name
Ruff
Well I broke down and ordered the Sherpa 56'' rails and feet for my shell and have an Overland Vehicle Systems awning enroute after watching the videos about them here. I will post once it is all here

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

So went back to the drawing board and decided to rebuild the base cabinet so that it will fit between the wheel wells from front to back. I plan to build out a face plate over the front and tie this into the tiedown points in the front and the rear of the bed. I think this will work out best. It will also provide a totally enclosed drawer to help limit any dust from getting in them by using felt seals. I am no cabinet maker so I was pretty excited when I stayed within a 1/16th of inch between the two drawer cavities. I glued and screwed all of the panels together using waterproof glue and Kreg pocket hole screws. The front area will be for the utility stuff like 21 gallon water tank and on demand water pump and power management.View attachment 224913View attachment 224912
Very nice work, and DANG I need to get myself some of those 90 degree corner clamps! I've never seen those before and they're pure genius.