2017 Chevy Silverado

• HTML tutorial

Taylor Heppner

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Milwaukie
Member #

You rarely see someone overlanding a Silverado! Which is really sad to me! Nothing against Toyotas, awesome vehicles! Just EVERYONE has one! So here is the start to my build!

2017 Silverado #adventuraydo
Leveled with 3" Motofab kit w/ 2" block in rear
35" General Grabber's on Fuel wheels

Attachments

martinezpj90

Rank 0

Traveler I

Following the build. Truck looks nice. Just traded in the wife’s Tahoe for a ‘17 Silverado 1500 with the LTZ package in C/C. Thought about getting a Jeep and Tacoma but need a little more towing capacity and bigger truck for the family due to the Alaskan lifestyle. Hope to make many upgrades to my rig.

Reactions: alaskan.lad

watrboy

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Laurel, MT
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Rutt
Member #

I like Silverados and wonder why they aren't used more. I have a 2016 2500HD Z71 gas Crew Cab and it works great for traveling the back country for me. Leveling kit, decked toolbox, Leitner Rack and it goes where I want to go. Works for me during the week and weekend. Usually drive them close to 200K before trading.
Looking forward to your build.

Natchez

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Chesapeake, VA, USA
Member #

How do you like the Decked system? Can you write a short Pros and Cons you have found? I am seriously thinking about getting the system.

watrboy

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Laurel, MT
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Rutt
Member #

I like the Decked system because I get full use of my box above it. I have had crossover toolboxes and hate the smaller box area left over. The loss of half the height of the box was a concern at first, but is less so now after using it for awhile.

Pros:
A lot of secure space out of sight. Locked tailgate keeps it safe.
Very well engineered and assembles easy.
Removes the wheel well intrusion in the bed making a larger flat area.
Easier to remove and set items in the bed from the side because of the height.
Solid mounting and has not come loose after 100 mile check.
Better view from rear window to rear of vehicle.
Everything has remained dry so far in heavy rain and melting snow.
Fit with spray in bedliner.

Cons:
Some limit in size to what you can put in the trays.
Loading heavy objects into box is a 2 step now. Tailgate then deck.
Some items are less accessible because the trays cannot roll 100% out (60% to 75% I would guess).

So far, not much else to complain of.
I need to get some pictures up.

watrboy

Rank II
Investor

Enthusiast I

Laurel, MT
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Rutt
Member #

Agreed, in fact, I feel anything you want to use for storage has something that will limit function. But aren't we always looking for the perfect whatever???

Reactions: Natchez

TrippinStfflr

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Rock Island, TN, USA
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Stiffler
Love the truck!!! I had those same Fuel Dunes on my last Tundra with Toyo A/T II. I love the simple 6 star design.(god I miss that truck). My tundra was a similar blue also. I'm beginning a full size build on a blue 2017 F250 XLT CrewCab 4wd 6.7L diesel. Sure wish my old rims woulda fit. Its gonna be a slow build that'll have to serve as a DD and what I use to pull my travel trailer. Gonna be watching you!!!

Taylor Heppner

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Milwaukie
Member #

Love the truck!!! I had those same Fuel Dunes on my last Tundra with Toyo A/T II. I love the simple 6 star design.(god I miss that truck). My tundra was a similar blue also. I'm beginning a full size build on a blue 2017 F250 XLT CrewCab 4wd 6.7L diesel. Sure wish my old rims woulda fit. Its gonna be a slow build that'll have to serve as a DD and what I use to pull my travel trailer. Gonna be watching you!!!
How do you like the 6.7??? I couldn't pass on the wheel/tire combo off Craigslist. I dig the wheels a lot but just kind of living with the tires until I need new ones. Mine is a slow build as well, also my daily! So I have to be nice to her lol

TrippinStfflr

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Rock Island, TN, USA
First Name
Jeremiah
Last Name
Stiffler
How do you like the 6.7??? I couldn't pass on the wheel/tire combo off Craigslist. I dig the wheels a lot but just kind of living with the tires until I need new ones. Mine is a slow build as well, also my daily! So I have to be nice to her lol
The 6.7 has a lot of towing power. I've always been a Toyota fan but I needed more towing capacity. Thought I'd give Ford a try. I really like the truck so far. Dealing with Ford themselves has not been a good experience.
The only issue I had with the rims was more to do with the shop I took them to. They like to use impacts on the 1/4-20 bolts for the caps which either breaks the caps or strips the bolts.

Wanderjäger

Rank 0

Traveler I

Arizona
Following!

My 2016 2500HD Z71 is about to get built up. It won't be running jeep trails, but it will be pulling a small adventure trailer off road.

Looking forward to seeing more pics and posting mine too!

Reactions: watrboy

Castle007

Rank V

Advocate III

Florida, USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Castle
Member #

You rarely see someone overlanding a Silverado! Which is really sad to me! Nothing against Toyotas, awesome vehicles! Just EVERYONE has one! So here is the start to my build!

2017 Silverado #adventuraydo
Leveled with 3" Motofab kit w/ 2" block in rear
35" General Grabber's on Fuel wheels
I have a 2017 2500 I’m working on. It’s hard to find equipment. Do you have any companies that you recommend?