Launch Member

Enthusiast I

North Texas
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Williamson
Member #

Howdy, looking for recommendations on '16 LC200 suspension. I have about 145k miles and mechanic recommended it's time to look at replacing suspension struts / shocks. This is a daily driver in Dallas, so I still have to fit into parking garages and such, so I am not thinking of lifting at this time. I'm only really able to get it off road 2-3 weeks a year, usually in CO, so lots of highway miles. My question is should I stick with stock Toyota or should I switch? Old Man Emu, FOX, ICON .... thoughts, experience? Thanks in advance for any help.IMG_8476.jpeg

RAMf1

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Castro Valley, Alameda County, California, United States
First Name
Russell
Last Name
Miller
Member #

Does the 2016 Land Cruiser have AHC? The Active Height Control system is very robust. The "shocks" are actually hydraulic rams and they are always subject to a bit of weepage. Normal mechanics see this as failed shocks. They are not...
You can get all of the information you need in the 200-series Forum on iH8Mud..

Reactions: TxAgg

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wherever we park it will be home !!
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Go with Old Man Emu, I have been using their basic suspensions for well over 20 years and see no reason to ever consider anything else for a Toyota.

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
Your vehicle is capable of going from Texas to Argentina with no modifications, so you could simply go with OEM kit and standard specification.

We had an OME lift on our LC80 in Africa, and it was handy to have a little more clearance than most of the other LCs, just to have fewer dings on the centre hump of tracks; we also have a lift on our Montero, which has been helpful in a few areas. However on our Wrangler in Canada we left it standard and it was fine.

Unless you're planning on a lot for travel in deep sand, deep ruts, or rocks, I'd keep it standard.