2015 4Runner suspension

• HTML tutorial

Sparky

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Jose, California
Member #

From my experience OME can ride stiff on the 4th and 5th gen 4Runners if you don't get the load rating just right, tried and trued quality though. I'm personally not a fan of Icon's "stage" scheme but that's me. Generally speaking you get the same if not better quality elsewhere for less. I think they finally reduced the prices on their tubular upper control arms but for awhile they were quite a bit more than Total Chaos and Camburg which are both top-quality units.

Anyways, for $1000 you can get a set of Bilstein 6112's with SPC upper control arms. These are the same struts used by Toyota on their TRD Pro 4Runner's and height-adjustable. A quality coilover will cost $1k alone, and I'd rather have slightly less shock performance with upper control arms to correct steering geometry at that height, overall it'd be a better ride. A rear shock and coil combo specific to your load capacity and height can be had for around $350. The Bilstein's use rubber bushings and don't have the service intervals or squeaks and noises that coilovers can have, so there's an added benefit there.

That'd be my recommendation for a really nice, mid-level system, or for anyone who wants high-performance with low maintenance. I personally prefer uniball upper control arms for their strength but there is a maintenance schedule to be followed with them so they're not for everyone.

Toytec does a really good job as well, I'll second that recommendation. Hope that helps!

Reactions: JM8610