John
Last Name
Kurtz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WROV950
Service Branch
Army 11b: veteran
Ok crew I'm in a spot. I'm lifting the truck next month and I'm not sure what to do, either a 6" lift or a 4" lift. The plan is for 35s" as 37s" will be a tad more than I need. What are your thoughts? Is there anyone out there with a 6" Ram? Just looking for some insight given I don't rock crawl but I do take some moderate trails. Thank you in advance!!

472HemiGTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Prineville. OR
First Name
Allen
Last Name
S
Member #

I've got a 2012 with a little over 6" in the front and 4 " in the rear. It's a Fabtech with coil-overs and Tuff Country tubular upper control arms. The ride is good and there's plenty of clearance for the 35's. With right wheel choice and not getting too aggressive with your off-roading you could fit 35's with a 4" lift. Biggest thing is plan on buying an aftermarket front driveline that converts from the crappy OE trunnion style to a dual cardan style. I blew up 2 of the stock ones at the transfer case before I bought one from Tom Woods. No more problems.

KIMG0887.JPG

Last edited:

John Kurtz

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kurtz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WROV950
Service Branch
I've got a 2012 with a little over 6" in the front and 4 " in the rear. It's a Fabtech with coil-overs and Tuff Country tubular upper control arms. The ride is good and there's plenty of clearance for the 35's. With right wheel choice and not getting too aggressive with your off-roading you could fit 35's with a 4" lift. Biggest thing is plan on buying an aftermarket front driveline that converts from the crappy OE trunnion style to a dual cardan style. I blew up 2 of the stock ones at the transfer case before I bought one from Tom Woods. No more problems.
Beautiful truck! I assume you're talking about a front driveshaft like this ( Dodge 1500 Front ) ? Granted that's a stock image. I appreciate the insight.

John Kurtz

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Harpers Ferry, WV, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Kurtz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WROV950
Service Branch
Things have been chaos but I wanted to share a photo of the truck now. It has a 6" lift with Method NVs. I am so happy with the lift and I'm very happy I went with a 6" vice 4". I did learn the hard way not to take chances on tires that aren't..... in the top names? I got 35" Kanati trail hogs..... all four tires scored poorly on the road force machine. I had one tire hit around 70 (aka it's an egg). Until I put a few thousand miles on them the vibration was terrible at 55mph. Now I can barely feel it but it's still there at 55mph. Absolutlly will not be getting another set and will go for one of the better names.

thumbnail_IMG_20210131_172250.jpg

NorCalRam

Rank VI

Influencer I

Los Angeles, California, United States
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Barlage
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6MEU
Service Branch
Army
2017 Ram here and I went with the Bilstein level kit , JBA upper control arms and clear 35" tires with no issues, no rubbing etc.. I thought about going with a bigger lift but with the added maintenance, wear and tear etc. I skipped out. 2.5" lift from coils and strut in the front and stock height with new shocks in the rear. I got no complaints!