Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Awesome! I understand. If and when you start selling please let me know as I'd be interested in purchasing...

project.hi.vis

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

York, SC
Member #

I have to ask, do you get any glare from the already bright orange hood, when you turn on the light bar being that close to the hood? I would think that would blind a driver?
I get this question a lot and I really don't mind because I believe this is probably the best spot for the light bar. Aesthetics and function. From where I sit in the jeep the light bar blocks the hood so I basically get zero glare back off the hood. Now with that being said the light bar doesn't obstruct my view either, and also you don't get that annoying whistle that you hear people complaining about when it's mounted on the top of the windshield. The only down fall is that when you are changing your wiper blades you can't fully open your wipers. That's about the only issue that I see with my set up. But that's not a big issue at all to me.

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

Can't wait to see where you go with the trailer! Nice looking trailer!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

project.hi.vis

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

York, SC
Member #

Can't wait to see where you go with the trailer! Nice looking trailer!

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
I was thinking about narrowing the trailer but after a better look, that will be one hell of a job in itself. I'm sure it can be done but that will be tons of man hours. I will still entertain that idea. My main focus now is to change the lug pattern to 5x5 to match the jeep. Look at making the rack for it also. Then paint!

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

project.hi.vis

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

York, SC
Member #

On second thought, narrowing the frame won't be so bad after seeing a thread on Expedition Portal. The tub might be a slight pain but I'm going to give it a shot.

project.hi.vis

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

York, SC
Member #

I explored a little bit on Sunday. I was basically scouting part of the Georgia Traverse for a friend.

https://www.gaiagps.com/public/9tsfZ5mCyNslcnWHwuIXg2Cd

This was a fun way to bring in the New Year! Georgia has some beautiful mountain and mountain roads. Some things I will never understand (old crown vic or ltd being stuck on part of the trail) but I attempted to pull him out but he was beyond stuck.

Attachments

First State Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Delaware
Member #

We just picked up a Mavic ourselves. Are you piloting are using auto-track / follow on the drone? It looks like follow up until the point where you lost it going over the pavilion. I flew in some pretty high winds this weekend and the Mavic didn't budge an inch. Very impressive!

project.hi.vis

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

York, SC
Member #

We just picked up a Mavic ourselves. Are you piloting are using auto-track / follow on the drone? It looks like follow up until the point where you lost it going over the pavilion. I flew in some pretty high winds this weekend and the Mavic didn't budge an inch. Very impressive!
I was testing out the auto-track, and other than when it lost sight of the jeep it did great! I will be testing it out more this weekend in preparations for my trip starting Feb. 8th. I will be doing the Georgia Traverse. I want to get the Jeep dialed in and equipment stored just perfectly before my trip in June. February will be the last full month that I will have options to get out and explore. I will be working 6/12s from March until 1 week before I leave for the TAT in June. CRUNCH TIME!!

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

I was testing out the auto-track, and other than when it lost sight of the jeep it did great! I will be testing it out more this weekend in preparations for my trip starting Feb. 8th. I will be doing the Georgia Traverse. I want to get the Jeep dialed in and equipment stored just perfectly before my trip in June. February will be the last full month that I will have options to get out and explore. I will be working 6/12s from March until 1 week before I leave for the TAT in June. CRUNCH TIME!!

Sounds like me... No time off from March to June. I work for John Deere and that is our busy season.

project.hi.vis

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

York, SC
Member #

I work for Duke Energy inside the nuclear stations. Spring and fall are our outage seasons. Luckily I will be off for the Overland Expo East this year finally!

Reactions: Overland-Indiana