2012 Kia Soul SVO Build

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Awesome hamster car brother! There is a company called Spaccer (I think) who makes lift spacers for most every vehicle. If you need a little boost underneath. Also, I have a home in Zephyrhills not far from you! I travel there when I can. It will be much less often now since I have a new "real" job. That rig is so cool....Shows that you do not need anything crazy to have adventures in. Most trails and fire roads can be handled with a very normal car these days. Hence the reason I sold my wrangler and kept my patriot and getting a new kia niro to fill the gap.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
I like your little adventure moble. I know you have limitations on the places you can take it but what a economical way to see the country. My wife and I are looking to get a Rave-4 in the future so we can road trip around the country. I am building a teardrop style trailer for behind my off road rig and am hoping that when it's done It weighs in under 2-k fully loaded cause the adventure package on the Rave-4 has a towing capacity of 3-k. You taking something small and using it the way you are is great! How fun, thanks for sharing.
I am not sure if they are available in the states, but in Canada they have a Rav 4 team trails edition which has a few goodies for trail exploring. Have a look!

btedesign

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lakeland, fl
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Sardone
Member #

Awesome rig.

Now, give that hamster some stilts and get a spaccer lift for it!!!!
One of the reasons I recently traded it in was because I couldn't get it higher. The options on the market for lifting the first generation are non-existent. Also the dealership traded me even up for an old Land cruiser!

I like your soul as well. Keep up the good work. The Rig will get you down more trails than you can imagine!

Pathfinder I

Bellingham
One of the reasons I recently traded it in was because I couldn't get it higher. The options on the market for lifting the first generation are non-existent. Also the dealership traded me even up for an old Land cruiser!

I like your soul as well. Keep up the good work. The Rig will get you down more trails than you can imagine!
Wait, so you no longer have your Kia? Went back a few pages but didn’t see anything about the new Rover!

btedesign

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lakeland, fl
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Sardone
Member #

Nope, the Kia is gone. It was a relatively recent thing. The opportunity presented itself, and I had to take it. The Kia was great, but I was outgrowing it and needed more space and the need for 4wd was becoming more of a priority. So I traded it in as an even swap for a 2000 LX470 that has been in the shop getting a new transmission for the past few weeks, once that is done it goes back into the shop for the timing, then it will be time to get back out on the road.

Attachments

islandseekr

Rank 0

Traveler I

Time to post some build updates. We have been on the road a lot so not much has happened. We just put in a goal zero 150 to keep camp lights up and running as well as the electrical to keep the little battery charged. I decided to do something the manufacturer told me was impossible and added the third and rear cross bar. After doing that I moved the RTT to the rear and turned the RTT so it unfolds off the back instead of the sides. Today I also installed the awning on the passenger side and I am debating buying one for the driver side as well since the tent isn't in the way. Also the front of the roof has left me with enough room to add a 2' basket and a slide it 100watt solar panel.

View attachment 68963View attachment 68964View attachment 68965View attachment 68966View attachment 68967
Hello, with the tent config on the back, what did you do with the rear mounted antenna?

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Love this build. Recently I took my Ford escape out on a trip with some friends because my f150 is still in the fab shop getting some work done. I actually really enjoyed taking the lil car out to the mountains. It is completely stock with street tires but it did great.

It is tech a "4wd" but no way to switch it to low ect Ect. So in essence it's a Awd system and the car controls it. I slept in the back of mine but it had me thinking of a small RTT for it. The issue I found is that the factory bars that are installed are onky rated for 150lbs.

Oh yah I also enjoyed the almost 30mpg too :) IMG_20190407_144731_650.jpeg

Reactions: Overland_Mitsu