2007-2011 Jeep JK

• Thread starter Deleted member 43520
  • Start date
  • HTML tutorial
I’ve had my 2008 2-door wrangler for a while now. It’s paid off which is great, but has the 202hp 3.8L V-6 (pre Pentastar). I’m having a devil/angel dilemma. Part of me says to be fiscally responsible and keep what I have, and the other part says to get a new JLU Rubicon with all the new bells and whistles. I’m just not sure I want to put anymore money into an older vehicle...with an anemic engine and only 2 doors when I can technically afford to get something newer, or brand new and start fresh. I keep going back and forth. Am I crazy? I feel like I’m going crazy. Does anyone else have experience with a similar situation? Thank you!

Reactions: Adidas4275
Also, for more context, my JK is lifted with M/Ts. It’s very loud on the highway and I have to turn O/D off to maintain the speed limit on the highway. I’m wanting to travel more and longer distances. So something quieter and easier to drive at high speeds would be great. If I keep my JK I’d need to swap the suspension for something more pavement friendly, and go from M/Ts to A/Ts or a hybrid tire. All of which would cost money that I’m thinking I could just put towards a new vehicle right?

Adidas4275

Rank II

Contributor III

Fresno, Fresno County, California, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Norman
Member #

Tough to tell you what you should do.... but

The JL platform is fantastic. Really well done. Jeep knocked it our of the park

But the JK is easy to work on

We love our 2010 even with the 3.8 & 4 speed auto

Rock Krawler long arm lift kit & their springs are very nice on and Offroad.

I regeared to 5.13s for our 37s & while the motor and transmission are still weak it is drivable. We can do 70-80 mph for 7 hrs to and from a trail with the kids & such & other than the poor MPG it is fine.

Attachments

greydog

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Albuquerque, New Mexcio
First Name
Hugh
Last Name
Bryce
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KA5KLX
Heres my two cents. I have a 2013 JKU with the 3.6 and a 6 speed manual running 35 BFG KO2s the first owner didn't understand that with taller tires comes taller gears it's still sporting 3.73 gears It suffers some at stoplights but in 6th at 75 I am pulling 19.9 mpg so I learn to live with the around town issue. I wouldn't trade this truck for anything it's just too much fun on the trail. I sounds like you are leaning to go much newer or brand new I wish I had a good answer for you aside from four doors are really nice with friends!

Reactions: Craig Schueren

Craig Schueren

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso, TX
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Schueren
Member #

Service Branch
Army
My 2dr 2012 JK, paid for and with massive mods is where I am staying. I have too much invested and just over 41000 miles and really starting to use it more. I am thinking about getting a trailer so keep the jeep more open.

Craig Schueren

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso, TX
First Name
Craig
Last Name
Schueren
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Tough to tell you what you should do.... but

The JL platform is fantastic. Really well done. Jeep knocked it our of the park

Nice looking rig
But the JK is easy to work on

We love our 2010 even with the 3.8 & 4 speed auto

Rock Krawler long arm lift kit & their springs are very nice on and Offroad.

I regeared to 5.13s for our 37s & while the motor and transmission are still weak it is drivable. We can do 70-80 mph for 7 hrs to and from a trail with the kids & such & other than the poor MPG it is fine.

Reactions: Adidas4275