Rank I

Enthusiast I

Grande Cache, AB, Canada
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Rogers
Hey folks how y'all doing here's my new ride I just picked up

I'll make this short as am heading home and I will edit this post once I have a chance to sit down lol.

It's a 2003 suburban LT with the air ride system and is fully loaded with 309'000 km on thr clock (no idea what that is in miles lol) that I picked up for 2k

Yes it needs body work but for now it's a daily driver for me and my wife for work. mechanical wise it's prefect it's got the 5.3 in it and sounds bran new. Bran new duratrac tires as well Everything else works i will have some questions later as this is my first suburban.

So the plan is have for it is as follows.

1: 4 inch lift
2: front and rear bumpers
3: RCV CV Shafts
4: Cognito front end parts lol
5: winch
6: Roof rack

And that's just the start also if any of my Canadian brothers or sisters can help out with were i could find some of this stuff in Canada I'd appreciate it

Attachments

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Hey folks how y'all doing here's my new ride I just picked up

I'll make this short as am heading home and I will edit this post once I have a chance to sit down lol.

It's a 2003 suburban LT with the air ride system and is fully loaded with 309'000 km on thr clock (no idea what that is in miles lol) that I picked up for 2k

Yes it needs body work but for now it's a daily driver for me and my wife for work. mechanical wise it's prefect it's got the 5.3 in it and sounds bran new. Bran new duratrac tires as well Everything else works i will have some questions later as this is my first suburban.

So the plan is have for it is as follows.

1: 4 inch lift
2: front and rear bumpers
3: RCV CV Shafts
4: Cognito front end parts lol
5: winch
6: Roof rack

And that's just the start also if any of my Canadian brothers or sisters can help out with were i could find some of this stuff in Canada I'd appreciate it
Nice looking rig for 2k! I would say you got a fantastic deal, especially given how nicely it runs.

I recommend right off the bat, if you plan to wheel it, take off the side steps and the chin spoiler. They do nothing but rob you of clearance.

Are these IFS? I suspect they are. If so, a word of caution; the general rule of thumb is that a 2" suspension lift is safe, but anything beyond 2" you're going to have issues. It can be done, but you're likely looking at a diff/sub frame drop to make it functional.

It's possible that a 2" suspension lift combined with a 2" body lift might work to get you clearance for bigger tires, if that's what you're going for.

Do you guys have a Princess Auto in Grand Cache? You can get some absolutely wicked deals on tons of stuff that's great for overlanding. The roof basket comes to mind, especially.

As for bumpers, does the Suburban share a chassis with one of the trucks, like say, the Silverado? If so, you can probably find stuff for the truck frame that won't be advertised as fitting on the Suburban, but actually will fit.

Looking forward to seeing this beast get kitted out!

Bubba

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Grande Cache, AB, Canada
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Rogers
Nice looking rig for 2k! I would say you got a fantastic deal, especially given how nicely it runs.

I recommend right off the bat, if you plan to wheel it, take off the side steps and the chin spoiler. They do nothing but rob you of clearance.

Are these IFS? I suspect they are. If so, a word of caution; the general rule of thumb is that a 2" suspension lift is safe, but anything beyond 2" you're going to have issues. It can be done, but you're likely looking at a diff/sub frame drop to make it functional.

It's possible that a 2" suspension lift combined with a 2" body lift might work to get you clearance for bigger tires, if that's what you're going for.

Do you guys have a Princess Auto in Grand Cache? You can get some absolutely wicked deals on tons of stuff that's great for overlanding. The roof basket comes to mind, especially.

As for bumpers, does the Suburban share a chassis with one of the trucks, like say, the Silverado? If so, you can probably find stuff for the truck frame that won't be advertised as fitting on the Suburban, but actually will fit.

Thanks bud ya for now I'm just using it as a daily but I was thinking a simple 2 inch lift would be fine there's a few issues that need to be adress lol before I sink some money into it the plan is next spring \ summer it's going to get a total make over including paint lol

Reactions: CR-Venturer

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Thanks bud ya for now I'm just using it as a daily but I was thinking a simple 2 inch lift would be fine there's a few issues that need to be adress lol before I sink some money into it the plan is next spring \ summer it's going to get a total make over including paint lol
Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing how it works out.

Bubba

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Grande Cache, AB, Canada
First Name
Blake
Last Name
Rogers
It begins lol I went to clean out the burban today and noticed both second row seats had there belts cut....‍♂ so after I took the rear seat out yesterday I asked the wife do we really need the second row if the belts are toast ? Nope was the reply lol so took them out and tucked was left of the belts in behind the plastic.

Now for the big question has anyone done anything to this area ? I was thinking a peice of something to fit over the exposed bolts ? There 18mm i still have all the nuts that go with them if anyone has any recommendations I'm all ears eventually I'm going to either cut or knock the bolts out and use some kind of rubber gromet to cover the holes. Anyways .

Thanks for your time

Attachments