Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
I'm thinking about a 2" lift on my tahoe using lift keys on the front and spacers on the rear (a cheap mod). Has anybody had any experience with CV problems at 2"? I have read that any more than that requires a diff drop in the front. I'm new to the forum and I'm sure this has been covered before. Sorry if I am going back to old discussions.

UltimaSanctus

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
B
Last Name
W
Member #

From what I understand, since the CVs are designed to work with the full suspension travel they aren't going to have a high chance of damage unless the upper control arms are constantly maxed out, which is also bad for ball joints, factory length shocks, etc. But there is always a chance for random occurrences. On my 2004 I have Supreme Suspension torsion keys up front and their 1.5" spacers in the rear and have not had any problems in the 9 or so months I've had them along with Bilstein 5100s that are rated for 0-2" of lift.

Also, judging by your profile pic, you also have a Z71. Fun fact is the Z71 rear springs are already about .5" taller than the LS/LT trucks

peeeeetey

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member II

Harrisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Pete
Last Name
Meuser
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WREL270
Thanks, that's nice to know. I plan on running the Bilstein 5100 shocks also.