Andrew442

Rank 0

Contributor I

Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Rutter
So. I've done a little digging. I know it's harder to lift these things minus spacers. I don't want to go crazy and spend a crap ton oh Cash. Little side project but with the free time I have now want to get her on the road...to get it off road.
Thaughts...

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
spacers are fine. Just make sure you don't over extend your shock. If your high mileage, you will want to replace them anyway. When your done, get the alignment checked. Any lift/lower will change it. You want to be good not just close. we spend too much on tires to wear them out due to this.

Reactions: Andrew442

Andrew442

Rank 0

Contributor I

Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Rutter
Thanks guys. I guess the spacers would be a good start. I really just want to get out and start driving this thing. I can start changing more later.

Reactions: TerryD

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Thanks guys. I guess the spacers would be a good start. I really just want to get out and start driving this thing. I can start changing more later.
I had the same rig and it’s an awesome ride. Mine was 1998.5 they called it. Had the chilkook trail edition. I hit a moose with it when it had less than 1000km on it. Did 15000 dollars worth of damage. Kept me safe though. I wish I still had it, it was that good.

TerryD

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Covington, Virginia, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
R
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KT4OZ
I'm not familiar with that platform and it looks like you've already ordered the spacers but you can check Nisstec for options I think.

And for what it's worth, for general performance both on and off-road I usually recommend Old Man Emu parts for well matched spring rates and shock dampening setups. They also usually provide more than the advertised lift amount but you should check with a platform specific forum on info related to that for the best information you can get.

Andrew442

Rank 0

Contributor I

Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Rutter
Well crap. I started inspecting my vehicles suspension fully. I looked into old recalls and ect. Like I said crap. Stupid suspension holder thingy. Separating! Hard! Last pic is material pulled out of the rust hole

Attachments

Last edited:

Andrew442

Rank 0

Contributor I

Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Rutter
Well. Good n bad news. They are fixing another recall. Bad news. They are not fixing my strut tower. Should have it back Friday. But pick n pull tomorrow to try n find a doner strut tower to hack out. Wish me luck.

Andrew442

Rank 0

Contributor I

Edmonton, AB, Canada
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Rutter
Well. Strut tower fixed. New rear shocks and my storage box built. I HAVE IT ON THE ROAD. Just goto get my roof rack on... I'm being lazy