Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Redmond, Oregon, United States
First Name
Carl
Last Name
Severtsen
Member #

I haven't done much to the ML since the lift. My season ended in October and I've barely worked at my current job due to a late start and then being sick. Here's a comparison picture of the rear lift:
View attachment 222605
I added 35/12.50r16 tires to my ML320, the gearing is way off but it works well on and off road. My ML500 squatted hard with rear spacers and 275-70R17 tires when I towed my ML320 home. I think the trailer weighed over 1k lbs.
(edit: the trailer alone weights over 1k lbs)

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: JasKolp

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
I added 35/12.50r16 tires to my ML320, the gearing is way off but it works well on and off road. My ML500 squatted hard with rear spacers and 275-70R17 tires when I towed my ML320 home. I think the trailer weighed over 1k lbs.
Nice! Thankfully my squatting was fixed with the newer springs + spacer, and better weight distribution in my trailer. Eventually I'd like to put 33's on my ML, but I have other things I want done to it and the trailer before then.

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
Sorry for the lack of updates, the only thing I've done to the ML this year was repaint the hood because the garbage clear coat I put on it didn't like snow being scrapped off of it during the winter. The reason I haven't done anything this year is thanks to long covid and barely being able to work/make money. Right now the only things I have planned are some long over due maintenance items like oil change and such.

Here's a video I made when I repainted the hood, and when I thought I was over long covid (but then I started working full time and my health rapidly deteriorated....)