Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

While I'm more a fan of the Silverado size trucks, GMT 400's. I've always thought there is a serious shortage of these - gen 1 OR gen 2 - being modified and offroaded.

Nice to see it. Can NOT believe Chevy didnt make a proper K5 or S10 / 15 when bringing back the Blazer. Something like an SUV version of the Chevy Colorado would have been a head turner for me. More so as a ZR2

Reactions: Forte

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
While I'm more a fan of the Silverado size trucks, GMT 400's. I've always thought there is a serious shortage of these - gen 1 OR gen 2 - being modified and offroaded.

Nice to see it. Can NOT believe Chevy didnt make a proper K5 or S10 / 15 when bringing back the Blazer. Something like an SUV version of the Chevy Colorado would have been a head turner for me. More so as a ZR2
They had them in Australia. As the Isuzu MU-X and the Colorado 7. I don't know why they never brought them stateside. They get all the cool toys.

Reactions: ThundahBeagle

Forte

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fountain Hills, AZ, USA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
McW
Member #

Haven't done a whole lot with the Jimmy lately other than occasionally driving it to work. We bought a 1990 Coleman popup camper and took it out a few times this fall with the family. Wouldn't call it "overlanding", but camping's camping! Especially with three kids (and one on the way).

PXL_20230916_191409272.jpg

I did go to Radwood in October with the boys to show off our 90s rigs. The Jimmy cleans up nice!

PXL_20231015_012906692.jpg

@bawesomfels has two sweet Sidekicks (this one is lifted)
PXL_20231015_042606499.jpg

Last time she's gonna be clean for a while though! Hit an easy trail last month to get out of the house.
IMG_20231203_115206384_HDR.jpg

Not a good day out without a recovery...
IMG_20231203_110153403_HDR.jpg

Anyway, the Jimmy is parked in the garage now that I got some work done to my daily. Hoping to get a few mods done in the next few weeks. Third row jumpseats, roof rack, skid plates, and I'd like to finally get started on my bumper project, as well as a couple more maintenance items. After all that's done I'm thinking it's time to revisit some Sedona trails...