Laurits
Last Name
Jorgensen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
HamHead
Service Branch
USNCB (Seabees)
In the beginning there was a fully stock 1988 Ford Bronco XLT with a 351W fuel injected engine. It was in pretty good shape in that there wasn't much rust and everything worked. After driving it for a while, several years actually, it developed engine problems and I decided to install a new engine, get some rust repaired and a new paint job. I purchased a new engine package from the Engine Factory specially built for my Bronco. It was a blueprinted roller engine which we upgraded to a Mass Air engine after installation.... and it was good. I equipped it with a Warn winch and a special Warn bumper with integrated driving lights. I was happy until I heard about overlanding all over the country and began looking into it. I subscribed to magazines, bought scores of books on off road wheeling and learned I didn't know the overlanding language and what was necessary to be an Overlander. In time I became knowledgeable about what constituted a capable off road/overlanding vehicle and I realized I had a long way to go before I could call my old Bronco a capable, safe vehicle. I learned about all the things it didn't have and I was consumed by the lust of having all those things, not to mention the necessaries of ensuring my safety of life and limb.

1625864171723.png1625864213283.png1625864409296.png1625864446269.png

Last edited:

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Nice looking FSB. There are several of us that Overland ours.

@Dakota Houligans has an awesome build thread on his. I also have a build thread in mine. Mine is currently stalled out waiting to see what the shop says is wrong with my “new” engine.